• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embracing the national league

Sadly I agree, there’s very little difference between the NL and L2. To win the NL you need a squad capable of at least the play-offs in L2, and we’re a long way short of that.

I watched non league, our first 14 players in our squad can do well in there, we just need 8 new players who can get us firing and go straight back up (especially 3 new strikers in).

Not sure I am happy or sad that iFollow will no longer be an option for me to watch games.

Whilst I know actually being there is better, sitting in a freezing cold Roots hall.

As an immigrant in a different country, that Saturday evening watching iFollow has become a ritual that keeps me feeling a little connected to everyone back home.

Ah well, maybe when I finally return we might get back into the FL.

Not this again.

Please don't let Ron off the hook. We did not prepare for this season. Started pre-season late, transfer embargo in place until December, appointed a manager late and left him to try and beg steal and borrow a squad of the rejects nobody wanted.

One man is to blame for all this.

Absolutely Jai, I don't care if he has been here at the club 20 odd years or not, nor do i care about his housing plans, the fact remains he is to blame for our demise football wise. He is the man at the top who owns everything, takes control of all the money and makes the final decisions . How he could look to others to pass the buck is beyond me, if he had a CEO or perhaps a board of directors who had some say it might have been different. He hasn't and has such a big ego that he thinks nothing sticks to him and he can do no wrong. This time if as it looks we end up in the NL he is solely the one man who has taken us there and IMO should be apologising to the fans for our downfall.

It's crying shame it has got to this and IMO should never of happened. It is I am afraid all down to RM.

Not sure I am happy or sad that iFollow will no longer be an option for me to watch games.

Whilst I know actually being there is better, sitting in a freezing cold Roots hall.

As an immigrant in a different country, that Saturday evening watching iFollow has become a ritual that keeps me feeling a little connected to everyone back home.

Southend could be on BT sports live up to 15 time if they do well.

I'm not sure how it works but I'm pretty sure there will be streams from either clubs for those abroad.

Absolutely Jai, I don't care if he has been here at the club 20 odd years or not, nor do i care about his housing plans, the fact remains he is to blame for our demise football wise. He is the man at the top who owns everything, takes control of all the money and makes the final decisions . How he could look to others to pass the buck is beyond me, if he had a CEO or perhaps a board of directors who had some say it might have been different. He hasn't and has such a big ego that he thinks nothing sticks to him and he can do no wrong. This time if as it looks we end up in the NL he is solely the one man who has taken us there and IMO should be apologising to the fans for our downfall.

It's crying shame it has got to this and IMO should never of happened. It is I am afraid all down to RM.
What's worse is that he had already done the same thing before but Sturrock saved the day .To be able to carry it off again without as much as a whimper by the fans is unbelievable.The damage this man has done to the club and his effect on future support is huge .

This is an extract from the Maidenhead FC site:
  • For league (and most cup) games, you just turn up and pay with cash at the turnstile. See admission prices.
  • Programmes are on sale for £2, and there's always a half-time raffle - 50% is prize money, 50% goes to the Club - just £1/ticket.
  • Seating is at no extra charge - and we have an excellent new stand with disabled access and wheelchair spaces.
  • There is a tea bar from which hot and cold drinks plus snacks can be obtained. The chips are excellent.
  • Stripes Bar is open on match days for anyone in need of a pint - we also show BT Sport matches on the big screen.
  • There is no crowd segregation, and so the game can be viewed from any part of the ground. This means you can actually walk around the whole ground to get the view you want. No need for binoculars here! There are stewards, but crowd trouble is almost unheard of.
  • Though it's true to say we get a lot more men than women, we'd like more ladies to come along and support the Club. It's unusual for the crowd to exceed 600, so it is not intimidating. We get plenty of children attending too.

Sorry but that information has made me more depressed,i wonder if they use jumpers for goal posts,Ron you pratt what have you done?

OK so it's not confirmed but let's be honest with ourselves. Todays results have all but sealed our fate.

Southend United football club will be playing non league next season.

I am annoyed at Ron for the way he has run the club for years. Its embarrassingly bad management that has led us to this point. Poor managerial choices, contract offers and grand designs without the funds.

I am upset for the fans of our club. We are a really well supported club at this level and stick by the club through thin and thinner. We won't surrender our support or our love of Sufc.

The national league is a new league a new challenge and an adventure of sorts.

I am however disappointed that the national league has become a farce. No relegation, clubs furloughing players and playing youth teams or not playing at all. We deserve relegation but surely the integrity of the promotion clubs is being called into question.
The National League is a graveyard for ex-football league clubs, just look at Wrexham, 12 years now at that level. It won't be easy and kids won't get you out, you need experience players that know the league.
Not many clubs bounce back straight away, It's going to be a interesting summer to what recruitment is like.

Sorry but that information has made me more depressed,i wonder if they use jumpers for goal posts,Ron you pratt what have you done?

Nothing wrong with Maidenhead.

Decent club with a decent manager and a small but traditional little ground.

Enjoyed my trip there.

Parking in the huge car park opposite was free (but only because it was a Bank Holiday).

R.M thought that none of this would apply to him....bad news second hand car dealer, you have just taken us down to obscurity!
Problem with Ron Martin is he can't except that he doesn't have the necessary finances to run a professional football club. Instead of putting his hands up and saying, I tried but it's time for someone new, he has taken Southend United FC into the football abyss. It could take years for the club to repair the damage.

Nothing wrong with Maidenhead.

Decent club with a decent manager and a small but traditional little ground.

Enjoyed my trip there.

Parking in the huge car park opposite was free (but only because it was a Bank Holiday).

Not having ago at Maidenhead particularly don't get me wrong,it could have been anyone,no one can make this a good move it stinks and i would rather not be going too those grounds my choice ok?

Not having ago at Maidenhead particularly don't get me wrong,it could have been anyone,no one can make this a good move it stinks and i would rather not be going too those grounds my choice ok?

OK

I use to get funny looks from people when I told them I'm flying all the way back to the UK to watch my 3rd or 4th tier club... imagine the looks I'd get telling them I'm off to watch a non-league club. I'm going to have to invent a reason, making my club a dirty little secret.
Yes it will hard task to justify a trip from down under to watch NL. Geeze

The NL will embrace us. Just think in of years will will be in a new stadium with 22,000 capacity.......The Wembley of non league.

In places like Hartlepool they will have saving clubs so that locals can have the dream weekend in the Essex Riviera.

Michael Cheek (Bromley] 21 goals in 35 games. Total shots 21-Shot accuracy 100%-Goal conversion 100%. Anyone know whats wrong with him !?

No one’s enjoying this mate. We’re all hurting, just trying to find a little light relief, surely that’s not a problem?

i thnk this thread should be renamed the Mark Molesley appreciation thread and all his wretched fan boys can cry on about how we should have stuck with him ...

Hurting ... is understating it

Michael Cheek (Bromley] 21 goals in 35 games. Total shots 21-Shot accuracy 100%-Goal conversion 100%. Anyone know whats wrong with him !?

Players like him would come to us like an shot, as he live near us in Essex, like him, there is lots of players who play for club around M25, live in Essex area.

So sad, but happy that it looks like Colchester stay up. At the end of the day there is only one person to take the blame and that is the chairman although a couple of the managers weren't up to the task. I only hope that it is the lowest point in the history of Southend United and we have reached the bottom but the sadness will never go away.

Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Wealdstone, Boreham, Woking, Maidenhead Utd, Aldershot, maybe Sutton (unless they don’t blow their chances) are the trip I am looking forward to, shame that Dartford/Dorking cannot go up, as it’s local side for away game.

We probably face the like of Concord, Billericay, Chelmsford, Hornchurch, Aveley, Basildon Utd etc if they play us in FA Trophy, plus we have FA Cup 4th qualification round for first time ever.

We need to get PB in for next season, if not, get an new manager straight away by May, so he can plan full Pre Season and get us into shape.

As for the squad, we have to get rid of 10 of them, keep 14 who want to be here, we are 6 players short from making an swift promotion challenge, 3 new strikers is an must!!

If we do well, we probably bring 2k at like of Boreham/Barnet/Wealdstone etc, plus we wouldn’t have trouble attracting best talents in conference as most of best non league talents come from Essex, it’s about time we explore it.
Need to get rid of Oxley and Elvis.....both stand out incompetents yesterday!

Back