• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embracing the national league

At the end of the day.

We will need a monumental clear out. An experienced manager, be it brown or another with much lower league experience and to recruit within our means.

At the end of the day.

We will need a monumental clear out. An experienced manager, be it brown or another with much lower league experience and to recruit within our means.
One of these days we'll finish a season and not need a total clear out and a new manager :(.

We need a proper manager with some success in his past, who knows ron, the lower leagues, the budget, and wants to stay for the long term.

You could easily argue Phil Brown is the man to do that.

One of these days we'll finish a season and not need a total clear out and a new manager :(.

We need a proper manager with some success in his past, who knows ron, the lower leagues, the budget, and wants to stay for the long term.

You could easily argue Phil Brown is the man to do that.
On what I saw yesterday I could be persuaded that he is. However, has he any experience of National League?.........and a bigger question still, would he want to have???

On what I saw yesterday I could be persuaded that he is. However, has he any experience of National League?.........and a bigger question still, would he want to have???
Yep its more then likely whether pb wants to or not, and what budget ron would give him.

I imagine brown is the kind of manager who broadly speaking thinks football is football no matter the level.

Yep its more then likely whether pb wants to or not, and what budget ron would give him.

I imagine brown is the kind of manager who broadly speaking thinks football is football no matter the level.
As PB has just come back from managing a club in India, I don’t think managing in the NL will phase him and for us it’s better the devil you know rather than the last three odd ⚽️ ? ? we’ve had.

I noticed in PB interview he made a reference about Oxley and about other clubs coming in for him - is he planning something ?
Totally unsurprising—excellent keeper—so obviously our player-of -the-year. Hobson second,Demitriou third.

I've not read anything yet about Southend's involvement in the European Super League. Are we playing a PR game here like Bayern or PSG? Can anyone update?

Can't for one minute believe Ron wasn't at the top table for these negotiations. Plus we have won the same amount of league titles as Spurs.

It's more important that the players that are here next season embrace the NL. They need to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty doing everything they can to get us back up.

If they go into the season with the attitude that "we shouldn't be here, we're too big a club", they'll struggle.

His age wont help but we already have Goodship and Akinola. It would appear there is more to it than just signing hungry, scoring for fun, non league rough diamonds.
He is 29, hardly old. He is playing in the NL where we will be next season dont you think he could do a job for us (assuming he want to join us)? Also he appears to stay injury free unlike our strikers.

He is 29, hardly old. He is playing in the NL where we will be next season dont you think he could do a job for us (assuming he want to join us)? Also he appears to stay injury free unlike our strikers.
His current club appear to be quite stable, so he would be used to relying on regular payment of wages and stuff like that.

Back