• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

Great first goal, we never saw that side of him here. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.
It just shows it is difficult for many young players to become instant successes when fans almost instantly write them off as 'useless'. It looks like Acquah is going to end up making a lot of money for Maidenhead, which is presumably why Alan Devonshire invested in him.

It just shows it is difficult for many young players to become instant successes when fans almost instantly write them off as 'useless'. It looks like Acquah is going to end up making a lot of money for Maidenhead, which is presumably why Alan Devonshire invested in him.
I wouldn’t say it was instant. He played 31 games in last season and scored twice. He’s played 11 for Maidenhead in the league and scored once. I don’t think he’ll be making much money for Maidenhead. You can say he has it tough playing for a Southend team in free fall, but in all the games I saw him play there was nothing to suggest he was anything above National league at the very best.

I saw nothing from his 30 odd games to suggest he was anything but simply not good enough and massively lacked any sort of footballing brain. If slowly trotting around doing eff all floats your boat then fair enough. I think what frustrated a lot of people was that the lad is a absolute unit and couldn't win a header against a small child (I'd suggest he should try jumping a bit more).

As far as I can see he's scored one league goal in 11 appearances (in NL bear in mind) yet the story line on this thread seems to be like we've let a world beater go. I don't get it personally.

Last edited:
I think the poster can stand up for himself then. After all, he has just described a young player who scored a huge amount of goals as a schoolboy and youth as 'totally and utterly useless '. He has also just been signed by a decent National League club. Fair enough to challenge that assessment I would say.
Let's be honest he wasn't the only one who thought that. Whenever I saw him he was like Teflon, when the ball went upto him it never stuck.
Could be poor coaching though.

What a goalfest! The Halifax #22 looking very lively and the Maidenhead #5 looking like they didn't care at all.

He jogged about like he was 41 year old on his last leg, given his age, I would expect him to run around and give opposition central back an tough time. Last season, opponents central back only have to drink their coffee and eat their cake and watch Acquah jog about like a old man.

My mate who supports Maidenhead say Acquah is the worst striker in his living memory as he think he wouldn’t get into an Ryman division 1 side.

It's funny that Aquah has scored one goal less than Dalby in all competitions and we think Dalby is brilliant lol

It's funny that Aquah has scored one goal less than Dalby in all competitions and we think Dalby is brilliant lol
I know Dalby got our goal on Saturday, but I found myself regularly frustrated with him during the game, his movement around Murphy is poor and some of his decisions and touches are simply not good enough. But hey, if I think he's a passenger and he scores goals what does it matter! Ironically, I think Murphy would have done well alongside Acquah last season. I'll get me coat!

Dalby offers quite a lot that isn't necessarily reflected in the goal stats. He's good at picking tricky passes around the box and has a very good touch. Created tons of chances for Murphy so far this season. He may be a bit slow and struggle sometimes against very large defenders but there's definitely a classy player there and this type of striker carries on improving well into their late 20s.

Dalby offers quite a lot that isn't necessarily reflected in the goal stats. He's good at picking tricky passes around the box and has a very good touch. Created tons of chances for Murphy so far this season. He may be a bit slow and struggle sometimes against very large defenders but there's definitely a classy player there and this type of striker carries on improving well into their late 20s.
Fair enough, I’ll reserve judgement a bit longer ??

Back