• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England 2017

Disappointing stuff so far. I'm not watching it - only following on TMS - but it seems like it is an excellent pitch.

Boycott was saying at the start that Moeen and Woakes could take the day off, such were the chances of them coming in to bat!

Disappointing stuff so far. I'm not watching it - only following on TMS - but it seems like it is an excellent pitch.

Boycott was saying at the start that Moeen and Woakes could take the day off, such were the chances of them coming in to bat!

nobody has scored under 350 in the championship games this season

279-6 at close, far from great, but looks a lot better than in did when we were 84-4.

we've started well this morning.

Woakes looks like a proper player batting and bowling. I'm glad he looks like he's going to properly crack Test cricket

Another worrying start to our upper order of batsman. 50-3 at one stage.

A small improvement to 109-4 at the end of play.

But, what with Root gone for another poor 4 & Bairstow out for 32, we can only hope that Ali puts in another decent Innings and that Cook is back in time following his X-Ray at the hospital today.

Last edited:
Shame he got out just before tea, to a ball that didn't bounce! :sad:

Still excellent platform laid down by Cook and Root, we HAVE to push on and get a big score now.

Just as well Root and Cook were on form today, because without those 2 scores, we would distinctly average so far, but like you said, we've laid down a good marker so far, and hopefully tomorrow will bring more of the same.

without those two we would have been distinctively average for a fair while (batting wise). Plenty of people get a great score followed by 3-4 tests of very average scores.

Especially being 1-0 down from the first test.

If Root can continue today & add a couple more runs & hold the line so to speak, I think we could have a 420-440 finish. If Root goes, it is down to just Woakes and Bairstow, considering the quality of the bowling, after that we can only expect a dozen or so from Broad and Moeen.

Especially being 1-0 down from the first test.

If Root can continue today & add a couple more runs & hold the line so to speak, I think we could have a 420-440 finish. If Root goes, it is down to just Woakes and Bairstow, considering the quality of the bowling, after that we can only expect a dozen or so from Broad and Moeen.

and Stokes!

What a fantastic days cricket from an English perspective.

A batting master class from Joe Root for his career best of 254, although I thought the shot he played when he got caught out was a bit sloppy.

Initially, I was a bit disappointed when we declared at 589-8, as I thought it was to early in the afternoon and should have played on until about 17:15 or until all out. & for the sake of it, I wanted us to make 600+ runs.

However, what do I know??? it seems to have been the right call, when we took the 4 wickets for 57 runs. It's going to take some effort now for Pakistan to reach 390 to avoid the follow on.

Same again tomorrow please lads. :thumbsup:

Good to see a convincing win for England by 330 runs to level the series, but I think we made it more difficult for ourselves than we needed to, by not enforcing the follow on.

England 297 all out :stunned: We have a fair bit of work tomorrow to do now.

England 297 all out :stunned: We have a fair bit of work tomorrow to do now.

The bookmakers still have us strong favourites, with the odds suggesting England have roughly a 60% chance of winning the Test. I always feel a bit more at ease when we're not batting last...

Not really the thread for it, but a quick shout out to the West Indies - and the rain - for salvaging a draw against India. Five-fer and a ton in the same Test for Roston Chase too. Hats off.

Back