• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Platinum Stars LIVE (3pm)

I can understand that we're only 5 days away from our opener. I can appreciate the players don't want to run themselves into the ground, and i can fully buy the fact that players don't want to risk injury. However, we are up against some old pub team and we look dreadfull.

I think the scrap between BBC and Sky is more interesting than the game, personally

Is it my failing eyesight or does John Terry have the face of one of those blokes who sits on his front garden in the summer on a £4.99 white plastic chair all p****d up on cheap cider and sneering at anybody that walks by?

those ****ing horns will be the reason I watch this world cup with the telly on mute, ive heard people say oh its the african way, its the annoying way I tells ya

the words 'half arsed' don't even come close.

Exactly.

Can't really see the benefit of this game tbh. No player is giving more than 40-50%. Capello won't learn anything that he didn't already know.

Add to that the injury risk. All it takes is a bad landing or an hyperextended knee and it could be curtains for key players.

Bonkers to say the least?

10 changes, only Joe Cole hasn't come off. There should be more effort in as it will be much cooler.

Exactly.

Can't really see the benefit of this game tbh. No player is giving more than 40-50%. Capello won't learn anything that he didn't already know.

Add to that the injury risk. All it takes is a bad landing or an hyperextended knee and it could be curtains for key players.

Bonkers to say the least?

I wouldn't say it's bonkers. I think it gives a little bit of a run-out for those who have had knocks and need a few minutes. It also allows the team to try out proper tactics. Players tend to find there best form when the games are coming in thick and fast, and with a tough match against the USA it's probably best to help players find some form/sharpness.

However yes there is the risk of injury, fingers crossed everyone comes through unscathed.

I wouldn't say it's bonkers. I think it gives a little bit of a run-out for those who have had knocks and need a few minutes. It also allows the team to try out proper tactics. Players tend to find there best form when the games are coming in thick and fast, and with a tough match against the USA it's probably best to help players find some form/sharpness.

However yes there is the risk of injury, fingers crossed everyone comes through unscathed.

It also gives them the chance to get used to those annoying horns.

Back