• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Montenegro

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
England are 5-0 up at half time and look really good going forward.Enjoyable game to watch. Good to see Sol out on the pitch at half time along with loads of other old England players.

They are a very poor side, but I've seen England huff and puff against too many poor sides in the last decade to not be enjoying this. Sol is there as well!

What's the odds Chris Powell said to Sol Campbell in passing " Has that Ron Martin promised you a nice new stadium?":Winking:

First England game I have watched outside of a major tournament for years, as I was a guest round someones house.

Good to see the qualifiers are as pointless as ever. Looked like Montenegro had gone large on an England win by 5 or more. The lack of a tackle for the first put me on alert and the second goal free header was enough for me to know what was coming.

Games like last nights (I only wasted 10 minutes watching it) are part of the reason England struggle when a game is against an equal opposition. Useless for Monte too other than a cash cow and tourist trip.
Waste of time and money.
EUFA, FIFA, FA, rotten to the core.

Games like last nights (I only wasted 10 minutes watching it) are part of the reason England struggle when a game is against an equal opposition. Useless for Monte too other than a cash cow and tourist trip.
Waste of time and money.
EUFA, FIFA, FA, rotten to the core.

It reminded me of tht Rugby World Cup where teams like the USA/Canada got steamrollered but I was informed that it was crucial to expand the game worldwide. Is there an argument that teams like Montenegro have to pay a qualifier against an equivalently ranked team to be included in the main qualifying draws?

It reminded me of tht Rugby World Cup where teams like the USA/Canada got steamrollered but I was informed that it was crucial to expand the game worldwide. Is there an argument that teams like Montenegro have to pay a qualifier against an equivalently ranked team to be included in the main qualifying draws?

Montenegro have really dropped off in the last few years. They used to be pretty good.

Montenegro have really dropped off in the last few years. They used to be pretty good.

True, they were 16th in the world in 2011 - however England were 5th and that generation would be lucky to scrape a 0-0 with them.

If you slightly change it to Crucial for the lucrative North American market.....Its much easier to understand the logic.

Same for THIEFA and their reasons for increasing the WC to 48 teams.

It's a shame that people can't enjoy the fact that England are really good.

Because we are so used to seeing it against **** teams. As soon as we come up against a half decent team we get found out.

Because we are so used to seeing it against **** teams. As soon as we come up against a half decent team we get found out.

Yep, this.

In the last four years England have beaten the likes of Spain, Netherlands, Croatia, France, Germany and Portugal.

This is the best England team in our life time. We've a young team playing brilliant football. Enjoy it.

In the last four years England have beaten the likes of Spain, Netherlands, Croatia, France, Germany and Portugal.

This is the best England team in our life time. We've a young team playing brilliant football. Enjoy it.

Not in a major final we haven't. Yes, we're good, but still not good enough. Especially in defence.

1990 and euro 96 teams were better. So were the 86 and 98 teams robbed by poor refs and cheating Argies.

To be any good, you have to beat a top team when it counts....Like in a major tournament, not an attack v a can't be a***d defence game at Wembley.

1990 and euro 96 teams were better. So were the 86 and 98 teams robbed by poor refs and cheating Argies.

To be any good, you have to beat a top team when it counts....Like in a major tournament, not an attack v a can't be a***d defence game at Wembley.

66 and 70, (particularly 70 , after the pre tournament attempts to destabilise the team and the poisoning of Banks)

England in 1990 World Cup drew with Ireland and Netherlands, beat Egypt, Belgium (aet) and Cameroon (aet) before losing to Germany.

In 1986 England lost to Portugal, drew with Morocco, beat Poland and Paraguay before losing to Argentina.

In the 1996 Euros England drew with Switzerland, beat Scotland, Netherlands, Spain on penalties (before Spain were good) and lost to Germany on penalties.

In 1998 England beat Tunisia, lost to Romania, beat Colombia and lost to Argentina on penalties.

What maybe the exception of Netherlands in 1996, what top teams did they beat?

Back