• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Montenegro

The present team would destroy previous England teams without breaking a sweat. They're supreme athletes today, not something you could say of Des Walker or Paul Gascoigne (god bless him).

66 and 70, (particularly 70 , after the pre tournament attempts to destabilise the team and the poisoning of Banks)

Yes they were in my lifetime but i didn't include them because some of our younger viewers weren't. They have enough trouble with the teams from the 90's and some of them don't understand the fact that you need to be able to defend to win anything.

There is some ITV highlights on Youtube that show the clearest penalty never given in world football. Its on Colin Bell in extra time v Germany 1970. They might even show the other pen in the same match first half on Franny Lee......This was in an era when FIFA were trying to oust England officials from power in order to line their own pockets.

Apart from the dodgy sending off etc 98. They rarely show the Argie defender clearly and deliberately punching the ball off of Shearer's head in the penalty area in the same game.......THIEFA have been at it for years.

Yes they were in my lifetime but i didn't include them because some of our younger viewers weren't. They have enough trouble with the teams from the 90's and some of them don't understand the fact that you need to be able to defend to win anything.

There is some ITV highlights on Youtube that show the clearest penalty never given in world football. Its on Colin Bell in extra time v Germany 1970. They might even show the other pen in the same match first half on Franny Lee......This was in an era when FIFA were trying to oust England officials from power in order to line their own pockets.

Apart from the dodgy sending off etc 98. They rarely show the Argie defender clearly and deliberately punching the ball off of Shearer's head in the penalty area in the same game.......THIEFA have been at it for years.

This one ?
Bell

Looks like its the Kaiser too

The present team would destroy previous England teams without breaking a sweat. They're supreme athletes today, not something you could say of Des Walker or Paul Gascoigne (god bless him).
Today’s overpayed players may be fitter but older England teams would destroy them physically in challenges and tackles, todays players would sweat but in fear of people like Nobby Stiles

Blimey, stop moaning!

For what it's worth, defensively we're not good enough to win a major tournament at the moment but we're a young team playing some fantastic football so it's great to watch.

Besides, I'm in a good mood at the moment as, being half-Finnish, I now have two teams to support in the Euros. Never thought that would happen! :Worthy:

Blimey, stop moaning!

For what it's worth, defensively we're not good enough to win a major tournament at the moment but we're a young team playing some fantastic football so it's great to watch.

Besides, I'm in a good mood at the moment as, being half-Finnish, I now have two teams to support in the Euros. Never thought that would happen! :Worthy:
So if England play Finland in the Euros where would your loyalties lie @Kris? Think carefully on your answer, your ShrimperZone future could be on the line here.:Winking:

Today’s overpayed players may be fitter but older England teams would destroy them physically in challenges and tackles, todays players would sweat but in fear of people like Nobby Stiles

Nobby Stiles would get sent off after 5 minutes.

Yes he probably would the game is constantly changing so in my view it almost impossible to say which team is best. We were the best in the world in 1966 , we haven’t been since, hopefully that will change soon

That we can agree on.

Be interesting to see how England fair on Sunday verses Kosovo .Judge the team after that game not Montenegro.

So if England play Finland in the Euros where would your loyalties lie @Kris? Think carefully on your answer, your ShrimperZone future could be on the line here.:Winking:
Well, no-one would miss me anyway...

I was born here so obviously England are my number one team but it’s going to be surreal. Being nervously excited every time England play is bad enough but with Finland there as well it’ll be a unique experience. I just hope we’re not drawn in the same group.

Well, no-one would miss me anyway...

I was born here so obviously England are my number one team but it’s going to be surreal. Being nervously excited every time England play is bad enough but with Finland there as well it’ll be a unique experience. I just hope we’re not drawn in the same group.

Would Euro 2020 be over for you, you know....Finnished.

I'll get my coat.

Not if they had had an overdose of adrenaline after being shot at in the Falklands

Not if they had had an overdose of adrenaline after being shot at in the Falklands

Not many know this but I actually did my bit to keep the helicopters flying in the Falklands. Who knows HRH Prince Andrew may have benefited from my work.

Back