• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question English City or Town you would least like to live in.

DTS

The Business
Was watching the Sunderland vs Newcastle game with my mates up in Bristol yesterday. It suddenly dawned on me that I would hate to live in either of those towns. A lot of people say that Newcastle has got better but the one time I have been there is seemed like a toliet.

Sunderland again I have only been once but it was again like a bad day in Bosnia.

Luton is a dump and I have never found a remotly decent pub and Bradford having spent a few weeks there on courses is a hole too. Leeds is meant to be a good night out but its so filthy and run down I wouldnt make prisoners live there and like anywhere in Yorkshire its full of ******s.

However my award goes to Middlesborough. I did a weeks geography field trip up there when I was 18 which culminated in us getting a day to wonder the deprived areas of the town. Got to say it was the scariest and most deprived place I have ever seen. Even the town centre was a toliet.

Which place in England would you never move to for love nor money.

Last edited:
** Waits for the Milton Keynes posts **

Caernafon in North Wales. My relatives live there and I wont even visit. It's a dismal, depressing place full of anti-English alcoholic Welsh, violent chavs and total misery.

Which is a shame as Snowdonia is literally 30mins away.

Last edited:
to be honest there's a few

Blythe in Northumberland
Bradford
Accrington
Tilbury
Tottenham
Clifton in Nottingham
Gilman Drive / Saxon Gardens in Shoebury (I've already had that misfortune...)
Station Road and surroundings - Westcliff (see above)

** Waits for the Milton Keynes posts **

Caernafon in North Wales. My relatives live there and I wont even visit. It's a dismal, depressing place full of anti-English alcoholic Welsh, violent chavs and total misery.

Which is a shame as Snowdonia is literally 30mins away.

Can you tell me what part of England that "English City or Town" is in? :dim:

middlesbro is one hell hole as is blackpool,blackburn is awful but the worst place in my view is south shield.

tilbury is not far behind.

Hull springs to mind as does Hartlepool but for sheer blood running cold breaking out in sweat at the very thought of even passing through the place.......

Andover.

middlesbro is one hell hole as is blackpool,blackburn is awful but the worst place in my view is south shield.

to be fair would rather live in blackburn than accrington, like a trip back to the 60's

Mrs Moridin is from Oldham, I have to visit frequently to see her family, and that is one grim town......

I really cannot think of a single thing that I enjoy about the place.

Bognor Regis.......

Lived in a town called Felpham, a few miles east of Bognor for a year, used to go out in Bognor.....S**T hole

Middlesbrough itself isn't great, but surrounding towns such as Yarm, Saltburn Guisborough & Easington are great places to live IMO.

As I work in Tilbury I can testify to it being a sh*thole.

Hull springs to mind as does Hartlepool but for sheer blood running cold breaking out in sweat at the very thought of even passing through the place.......

Andover.

Good call about Hull, I've lived there and it is a dump, if you thought inbreeding was rife in Colchester you must go to Hull to see all the benefits of it in the areas of Bransholme & Preston Road in East Hull.

Hartlepool must be the coldest place in the country.

Last edited:
Darlington. Upon entering it I used to feel like a "happiness vacuum" had been switched on. Nobody from the taxi driver at the train station onwards smiles/laughs and the best thing I can say about it is that it has a really big JD Sports for the chavs to nick things in, thus keeping them off the streets for at least an hour at a time. If Grimsby and Grays had a shag in the TK Maxx changing rooms, 9 months later you'd get Darlington......

Back