• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be very surprised if Port Vale only got 5 more points between now and the end of the season. They have got goals in them - Dave Worrall is back from injury and Theo is back in favour. Would be ironic if Theo gets us relegated.
the problem with any PPG projections is that they don't take account for teams playing each other;-
for instance - Barrow have to play away at Colchester - but face Southend, Port Vale and Grimsby at home.

the problem with any PPG projections is that they don't take account for teams playing each other;-
for instance - Barrow have to play away at Colchester - but face Southend, Port Vale and Grimsby at home.

And they are based on who you have just played and not on who you are due to play.

And they are based on who you have just played and not on who you are due to play.

If you base the next fixtures against how the reverse went, we will gain 18 points (wins against Scunthorpe, Walsall, Colchester, Barrow and Newport with draws against Stevenage, Crawley and Exeter.

League Table will end like this:
Port Vale - 50 points
Colchester - 47 points (doesn't include 4 games vs Tranmere and Salford)
Southend - 47 points
Barrow - 41 points (doesn't include 2 games vs Exeter)
Grimsby - 34 points

Of course the games will be different due to team form, player form, team selection, injuries, referee etc.

Wallsall is massive now, anything less than a win on Tuesday.
I will changer my vote but i am hedging my bets.
We still have Col Utd to play.
So 3 points on Tuesday. Yes i will still bealive

Tuesday now is a must win for me....lose or draw and I’ll finally be resigned to our relegation

guys - the late equaliser (and out equally late winner) might not seam great - but win against Walsall Tuesday and you've cut the gap from them to you to 5 points from 9 in 2 games.....
and you could be only 4 points behind Colchester.....

With 1 minute to go I thought we’d have a great chance of survival. 5 mins later I thought absolutely no chance

Let’s just concentrate on the main objective- ensuring that everyone turns up on time for training.

Fail to beat Walsall on Tuesday then it’s all but over.
We do still have Colchester and Barrow to play.

Barrow still have two games in hand and in form so we may be discount dragging them back into this.

Walsall have a game in hand and 8 points clear of us.

So it’s almost inevitable now that one team in Essex is going down...while we do play them (away) Colchester need to continue not picking up a single point while we go on a promotion form all the sudden.

where are the points coming from?

Tuesday 23rd - Walsall (home) currently 20th

Sar 27th - Harrogate (away) currently 13th

3rd April - Carlisle (home) currently 11th

6th April - Morecambe (away ) currently 6th

10th April - Crawley (home) currently 10th

17th April - Exeter (away) currently 8th

20th April - Colchester (away) currently 22nd

24th April - Leyton Orient (home) currently 14th

1st May - Barrow (away) currently 21st

8th May - Newport (home) currently 7th

So 30 points to play for... how many can you honest see is taking from the above?

AT LEAST - wins against Barrow and Colchester would be great and then one or two wins from the rest

AT LEAST - wins against Barrow and Colchester would be great and then one or two wins from the rest
I would say Barrow are now irrelevant, they will stay up no problem.
We need 5 wins and 2 draws I reckon.
So the two must win games are Walsall and Colchester, to keep them in the mix.

I fear we need 15 points out of the next 30. Col U and Walsall must must wins. Been a Southend supporter for 45 years. Sad times. Does MM actually realise what this means to the fans !!

Back