• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why they can't play 8 x 4 day matches and 8 x 3 day matches, with the 3 day games being 110 overs per day and being played in May/June/July when the light is better.

Could then keep 2 divisions of 9 and incorporate a 50 over competition to run alongside the 3 day games, playing the same divisions as the CC and creating a 5 day festival (including a rest day inbetween), so Essex play say Leicestershire over 3 days and play them again at 50 overs.

The top 4 in each division in the 50 overs then play QF, SF and Final in a 2 week slot in July, before the T20 starts.

4 day games would be April/May/September.

Works out at 56 days cricket, which is exactly the same as the 14 x 4 day proposal.

You can't have a 14 games set-up with 10 teams.

Be unfair on the sides that only get to play Leicestershire once, for example.

Anyone seen much of this guy?

Anyone seen much of this guy?

Perth scorchers/WA are my second team after Essex as I lived near the WACA for a bit, He's a youngster and he only got 1 BBL game once Scorchers had already qualified, he looked good in that one game though. Mostly plays under 23 cricket for WA.

Has anyone been to a T20 match at Essex and done the VIP Experience? Going on the 1st of July for a mates stag.

Yep, we did it a while back, if you are talking about hiring one of the boxes just along from the pavilion.

Was a good night, though after consuming a large amount of beer, the organizer discovered it wasn't included in the hire cost and we had to pay for it! :facepalm:

Yep, we did it a while back, if you are talking about hiring one of the boxes just along from the pavilion.

Was a good night, though after consuming a large amount of beer, the organizer discovered it wasn't included in the hire cost and we had to pay for it! :facepalm:

Apparently it's £150 for curry and unlimited beers.

Sounds good.

Must get over to Chelmsford a bit more this summer.

Only managed a couple of days of the Australia match in 2015.

Its in the VIP Marquee.

No frills but free beer and a decent meal which is all you want really, our football teams old pub use to get free tickets to the marquee as it's a shepherd neame pub, you'll have a great time

Well not exactly free beer as you've paid for it, but you get what I mean

In danger of chucking away a really decent start here against Gloucs.

224/1 after getting them all out for 262 and now (admittedly it seems that conditions have gone very much the way of the bowlers in the last hour) 283/6...

The weather can really affect you in these early games, a bit of bad luck and your season could be gone now there is only one promotion slot. Can't see today starting on time and the conditions are looking poor for batting.

The weather can really affect you in these early games, a bit of bad luck and your season could be gone now there is only one promotion slot. Can't see today starting on time and the conditions are looking poor for batting.

Essex 122 ahead with one first innings wicket to go. Not a bad start.

I remember around this time last year I said it seemed to me that Essex seemed to start the season slowly and get better, but leave it too late. Let's hope that isn't the case this time around. I know it's only the first innings of the first match, but let's hope this can continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back