• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooky and Dan Lawrence steadying it for the moment.

9 runs in 7 overs since lunch.

Cooky reaches his half century & looks like Essex are playing for a hopefull draw. That loss of Bopara on the last ball before lunch really hurt us. 201 runs behind.

Edit: Lawrence just gone for 22, Essex now 128-4

Stick or twist time.

Cooky can bat through and Jesse Ryder, TD, Foster & Napier are all capable of doing some damage rapidly if needs me.

I'd say we are still in the hunt.

Stick or twist time.

Cooky can bat through and Jesse Ryder, TD, Foster & Napier are all capable of doing some damage rapidly if needs me.

Need to bat at 4.5 an over for the remaining 42 overs, big ask, not impossible. I wouldn't take any risks and if we still have a few wickets near the end and the RR isn't silly maybe swing the bat then

We do, Ashar Zaidi. How good he'll be I don't know but he was player of the tournament in the Bangladesh premier league and a few big manes played there

Nathan Lyon?

I'm not expecting much of Zaidi, at least in fc cricket.

Stick or twist time.

I'd have sent Napier in up the order. Wasn't it at Hove that he had his famous knock?

We're not entirely out of it, but it's a big ask. Not just that many runs but also to score them quickly. We almost want to approach it like a one day chase.

If it was the T20 knock, I think that was against Sussex, but at Chelmsford, IIRC.

If it was the T20 knock, I think that was against Sussex, but at Chelmsford, IIRC.

Hmm, looks like you're right

[video=youtube;EoWx8fobwaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoWx8fobwaY[/video]

*daydreams*

Hmm, looks like you're right

[video=youtube;EoWx8fobwaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoWx8fobwaY[/video]

*daydreams*

Yep was def Chelmsford, I lived in Hayes close at the time and watched it from my balcony at the Hayes close end (obviously). Not sure if anyone remembers Bumble jumping in somebody's garden to retrieve a ball live on sky? That was my Garden.

Looks like we're going to need about 150 off 30 after tea.

If we still have 6 wickets in hand, I think we might have a dart for at least 10 overs and assess from there.

Yep was def Chelmsford, I lived in Hayes close at the time and watched it from my balcony at the Hayes close end (obviously). Not sure if anyone remembers Bumble jumping in somebody's garden to retrieve a ball live on sky? That was my Garden.

You're joking, right? That was your garden?

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not? I'll answer anyway, it was indeed the garden of the house I was renting at the time.

No genuine, it was/is brilliant. If I ever meet you I win the SZ celebrity spotting thread.

Did you see Bumble jump into your garden? Did you recognise him, chat to him? C'mon we need the full details.

With this story you probably need never buy a pint again.

ps Looks like the shutters have gone up - Ryder's 13 from 59. But why not stick Napier up the order to try and win it before letting Ryder and Cook bat out for the draw?

If Bumble ever makes an appearence on BBC's "Would I Lie To You".. I fully expect to see you on there as the mystery guest!!

No genuine, it was/is brilliant. If I ever meet you I win the SZ celebrity spotting thread.

Did you see Bumble jump into your garden? Did you recognise him, chat to him? C'mon we need the full details.

With this story you probably need never buy a pint again.

ps Looks like the shutters have gone up - Ryder's 13 from 59. But why not stick Napier up the order to try and win it before letting Ryder and Cook bat out for the draw?

Unfortunately not, I was out at the time and just got a few texts from people saying Bumble is in your garden on sky are you home etc.

To be fair it's not like Ryder isn't capable of smashing it about, think it must be Silverwoods instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back