• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2018

Great start for Sam Cook. It's taken him 7 balls to grab both openers.:clap::clap:

Haha I work with a guy who plays for Chelmsford and I said "Blimey Cook is on fire today", he replied "yeah that means he won't be playing for us much this season" moodily, I think it was a joke?

45 for 8 now. Balance actually won the toss and elected to bat:hilarious:

Haha I work with a guy who plays for Chelmsford and I said "Blimey Cook is on fire today", he replied "yeah that means he won't be playing for us much this season" moodily, I think it was a joke?

The way he finished last season it was always unlikely he'd be playing much club cricket for the next decade. Still, must be a huge blow for Chelmsford's hopes this season to lose a bowler of his calibre. If he's doing this to international batsmen, imagine the carnage he'd be causing at club level.

45-9:thumbsup:

The way he finished last season it was always unlikely he'd be playing much club cricket for the next decade. Still, must be a huge blow for Chelmsford's hopes this season to lose a bowler of his calibre. If he's doing this to international batsmen, imagine the carnage he'd be causing at club level.

45-9:thumbsup:

Exactly, they have Beard at Chelmsford too so they might get some games from him.

50 all out, if you'd said this morning that we'd bowl a team out and Porter and Harmer would only have one wicket between them I'd have laughed

Exactly, they have Beard at Chelmsford too so they might get some games from him.

50 all out, if you'd said this morning that we'd bowl a team out and Porter and Harmer would only have one wicket between them I'd have laughed

Essex have done a remarkable job of producing bowlers. Can any other county boast that both opening bowlers are home grown, under the age and bowling average of 25?

Not only that, you've got to remember that this is despite losing Reece Topley (who's still only 24) to Hants' chequebook.

Sadly Sam Cook's namesake has done no better than Root.

It happened the other day. Aiden Markram, opening the batting for Durham, got a pair on the opening day.

83-6 now.

One thing. This could be all over today at this rate! .. There's still 46 overs left today.

Yorkshire, bowled out for 50, ended the 1st Day on top! :omg:

Back