• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

Why doesn't the best spinner playing in this country, play for South Africa anymore?

I may be wrong, but as a Kolpak player , I think you are barred from playing from your country for a period of time normally a minimum of three years, that was my understanding, but I am sure someone will tell me /you different

To be fair Tahir was one of the only positives for South Africa and that is who Harmer would have been competing with

I may be wrong, but as a Kolpak player , I think you are barred from playing from your country for a period of time normally a minimum of three years, that was my understanding, but I am sure someone will tell me /you different
In 2017 Kyle Abbott (Hampshire) signed a Kolpak deal which has permanently ended his Proteas career.

Interesting Simon Harmer article/interview here:-

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ner-simon-harmer-becoming-kolpak-player-essex

Last edited:
Great win for us and another home game this weekend.Somerset are up at Yorkshire so let's hope we win and Yorkshire can get a result

Just seen James Foster now T20 coach for Glamorgan

Good luck James, shame not a role at ECG, with our T20 record its could not have been that hard to find you a place in back room set up

Just seen James Foster now T20 coach for Glamorgan

Good luck James, shame not a role at ECG, with our T20 record its could not have been that hard to find you a place in back room set up

The only thing I can think of is that it can be hard switching into coaching when you were a team-mate of those he was coaching. So hopefully a move to Glamorgan to learn the art of coaching and to return to lead Essex in a few years down the line....

I see Amir is back at Chelmsford. Have we actually got a decent overseas batter coming in or we going to have to rely on Chopra in the 20/20?!

Back