• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

No play before tea. That will leave Somerset needing to take 20 wickets in 4 sessions, and that's assuming they don't have to bat again.

Shame in a way as we may well have actually won this game. Glad I cancelled the trip down, sorry to those brave souls who did.

Shame in a way as we may well have actually won this game. Glad I cancelled the trip down, sorry to those brave souls who did.
Yeah I was interested too but work and shocking weather forecast got in the way

Rob Bailey and Alex Wharf have taken another look and they are still not happy with conditions underfoot in certain areas.

They plan to take another look at 16:30 - and surely that will be the final chance of play today.

00b0824e-25ee-4d9c-a541-dad1bffea6c6.jpg

Does look a bit gloomy (In and For Somerset) :Smile::Clap:

It is looking more and more likely Essex will be lifting the trophy tomorrow. :Happy: ? :Happy:?

Play abandoned at Taunton, after latest pitch inspection umpires Rob Bailey and Alex Wharf both carrying umbrellas - rolled up admittedly, was not a good sign.

Untitled.jpg

End of Day 3, one day to go with 20 wickets remaining. :Clap:

It's looking pretty much as though the Championship title will belong to Essex unless some cricketing catastrophe befalls them tomorrow. Overall they probably deserve it, but I would much rather the game had been decided over the full 4 days with both sides having two innings apiece. That said I'll still be very happy if the prize is ours tomorrow.

Looks like more rain on the way.

Untitled.jpg

There will be an inspection at Taunton at 11:30 providing there is no further rain.

It really looks like game over now for Somerset, even though it is not yet.

Have any crates of champers been delivered to the Essex dressing room yet?

Back