• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2019

I'd like to have seen that presentation ceremony.

"Well done Somerset on bowling Essex out for 40 on the final afternoon, but I'm afraid in this envelope is some bad news!"

The only way it would have worked and been fair was to be announced after the third day, so people knew where they were on day four.

Of course, we were on the receiving end of the pitch inspectors at Southchurch Park in 1989.

The only way it would have worked and been fair was to be announced after the third day, so people knew where they were on day four.

Of course, we were on the receiving end of the pitch inspectors at Southchurch Park in 1989.

yes but it wasn’t the last game. Not sure announcing the pitch was under review during the match would have been the way to go TBH
the system has worked

It's worked because Essex won the match. If Somerset had won and were celebrating lifting the trophy, I can't see how to then take it away from them a week later would have been fair.

We've also won some bizarre matches from a seemingly lost cause.

Kent this summer being one.

It's worked because Essex won the match. If Somerset had won and were celebrating lifting the trophy, I can't see how to then take it away from them a week later would have been fair.

the umpires reported the pitch at the end of the match which is proper. Somerset would have been stripped of the title and Essex would have been made County Champions

Agreed, assuming the ECB would have acted that quickly.

In this case, it's taken two months for a decision.

It worked because Essex won the title. The match was a draw.

Does seem a lot longer. Especially when today we are looking at 2020 fixtures.

The title was won with the resounding victories at Chelmsford, including in 2 and 1/2 days against Somerset. Plus that extraordinary fightback at Canterbury.

Be interesting to see if Harmer does get into the England set-up and how we might adjust.

Does seem a lot longer. Especially when today we are looking at 2020 fixtures.

The title was won with the resounding victories at Chelmsford, including in 2 and 1/2 days against Somerset. Plus that extraordinary fightback at Canterbury.

Be interesting to see if Harmer does get into the England set-up and how we might adjust.

Not to mention a certain devastating spell of bowling by Kyle Abbott the game before the decider.

Of course. Not to be forgotten. He should have got a winners medal from us, as well!

Is anyone getting confused with the 2020 fixtures, in the sense that we have 2020 fixtures that aren't t20. I was looking at a list saying 2020 fixtures and only realised they were CC fixtures when I saw Northern teams, just read 2020 and my brain thought 20/20

Back