• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex Essex Essex!

Great result for you boys today and also a great one for us, must be the most exciting season as a whole in Essex for sometime.I see Chelmsford won in front of a capacity crowd in their brand new stadium as well
biggrin.gif

If we had played our game in hand at Layer Road last week against Scunthorpe I think we may well have won that game 1-0 making us joint top with identical goal differences.
Looks like an exciting 2006 is in store for us all, see you in March lads and lasses
biggrin.gif

They wouldn't have had time to get to the stairs though - about 30 seconds between their goal and our second I think!

Got some tricky games ahead but ones which can now start expecting to win... should be set up nicely for March.

Yes you would have to be quick off the mark to get away before we took the lead again
biggrin.gif

I wonder what what Parkys blood pressure was like at that moment
laugh.gif

Interesting to see the Marsh Rats doing a quickfire double over Grays as well. Jamie Stuart got sent off for fighting with a team mate, good lad!
smile.gif

It would be great for Essex if both teams were still there or thereabouts come the Labia Road game. Am I glad I got a season ticket for the first time ever this season
laugh.gif
. The trouble is back in 1991 I had no belief whatsoever that we were going to maintain our promotion push. This time around I've seen very little in the opposition we have faced that scares me. In fact most of our own problems appear to have been self-incflicted.

if we both go up there would be a few derbys
southend, col u, norwich, ipswich, west ham(if they go down)

Its be great if both of us go up, if we keep our forms up.

Love to play W@nk-Ham & beating them at Upton Park .... if WHU keep losing (I hope so).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 02 2006,22:26)]Its be great if both of us go up, if we keep our forms up.
Yes I agree,but I tell you what would be better: that is if Colsh*tster don't get another point before season end &
slide like a runny **** through the relegation trapdoor into League 2 obscurity.....

Harsh, but fair I feel....

(No hard feelings,I just can't shake those bad vibes where Col u are concerned)

Its not that I want Col Utd go up with us (in my dream) its just we need 6 pts off them to stay in the Championship
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Jan. 02 2006,22:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Jan. 02 2006,22:26)]Its be great if both of us go up, if we keep our forms up.
Yes I agree,but I tell you what would be better: that is if Colsh*tster don't get another point before season end &
slide like a runny **** through the relegation trapdoor into League 2 obscurity.....

Harsh, but fair I feel....

(No hard feelings,I just can't shake those bad vibes where Col u are concerned)
biggrin.gif

You sound like some of the boys we used have a 'meeting' with in the 1970's, I know I was there
mad.gif

But I have got old and friendly now
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Jan. 03 2006,20:34)]You sound like some of the boys we used have a 'meeting' with in the 1970's, I know I was there  
mad.gif

But I have got old and friendly now  
laugh.gif
That's the male menopause for you.

Who'd have thought it at the start of the season tho, both sides battling for top spot (with us winning, naturally) & strikers vying for supremacy in the scoring charts.

Bet you wish your local population would appreciate your achievement more.
Just what is Col U average attendance?
(I'm not having a pop, honest!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Jan. 03 2006,22:58)]Just what is Col U average attendance?
Col******r United average is 3,374 or 44.6% of capacity.

The Shrimpers are currently averaging 7,160 (57.7%).

WS
Jávea

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Jan. 03 2006,22:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Jan. 03 2006,22:58)]Just what is Col U average attendance?
Col******r United average is 3,374 or 44.6% of capacity.

The Shrimpers are currently averaging 7,160 (57.7%).
That is truly disgusting. I wonder if they have always been that poorly supported?

Financially speaking they must be in a shocking state.
I know we don't exactly "coin it in" over the turnstiles but their Chairman must be pretty loaded. Either that or they are paying their players cack wages...

At least they have plans for moving to a new stadium at Cuckoo Farm in place. Current timeframe is for opening ready for 2007/08 season.

We STILL have sweet FA ...

WS
Jávea
rock.gif

Oh, come now. How can u be so negative?

We have the delights of interactive pitchside footy to look forward to at Priory Park,Victory Sports Ground & Southchurch Park to look forward to in years to come.

Just think, we can merge with Southend Manor & put a new roof on their 'stand' (sing.). It will be home from home for us...

Ironically my local club CD Jávea are having problems with their new pitch ... it seems ground problems are following me around ...

wink.gif

WS
Jávea

Funny actually, I remember making a post on the Col U board in pre-season saying how I would love it if we both got to the playoffs and then beat them in the final. Not saying it's a foregone conclusion but it's looking a lot more likely now!

biggrin.gif

Back