• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp and two veg

Youth Team
Alright folks, i used to be shrimp and two veg on here until login decided to meltdown on me. Anyway, in case anyone has ever enjoyed pulling out the toothy critter called pike, we have some great nights talking about this very subject once a month. You don't need to be a P.A.C. member to attend neither!
Here's our latest offering, this Wed in fact!
http://www.the102club.blogspot.com

[URL="http://www.pikeforum.co.uk/Images/Icons/NoNewPosts.gif"][/URL] LOVING THE LURE..WED 13TH APRIL ..supported by Franglais Fishing (see their tackle stand on the night)

WELL, AS WE APPROACH THE LAST LIVE SHOW OF THE SEASON, WE THOUGHT WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO END IT WITH TWO ESSEX LADS GIVING THEIR TALK ON SOMETHING VERY CLOSE TO THEIR HEARTS....LURES!
[URL="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r7inDtp8dgs/TX-klK48IYI/AAAAAAAAAG0/AGsowuSVEIs/s320/Mark%2BBrand%2Bphoto%2B%2528best%2Bone%2529.jpg"][/URL]
MARK BRAND RUNS THE ESSEX CHAPTER OF THE LURE ANGLING SOCIETY, IS A FULLY QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL ANGLERS ASSOC SPORTS FISHING COACH AND IS FAMED FOR CATCHING A SEA-TROUT ON THE THAMES WITH A LURE! MARK IS CERTAINLY AN AUTHOURITY ON EVERYTHING LURES AND HAS GIVEN TALKS ON THIS SUBJECT BEFORE.
[URL="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DwL3J63iGPk/TX-ky-nGKiI/AAAAAAAAAG8/MMfKp613ok8/s320/WAYNE%2BFLETCHER%2B21LB.gif"][/URL]

WAYNE FLETCHER WILL BE DEBUTING HIS TALK, YET ANOTHER COUP FOR ESSEX PAC. WAYNE MAKES HANDMADE LURES FOR HIMSELF AND FRIENDS, JERKBAITS AND TOPWATER LURES, IS AN ACCOMPLISHED LURE ANGLER AND IS A SOVEREIGN SUPERBAITS CONSULTANT WHO HAS FISHED WITH THE FAMOUS EUROPEAN LURE CHAMPION AND FOX MANAGER FOR EUROPE, DIETMAR ISAIASCH. OH, AND HE'S CAUGHT A 27LB CARP ON A JERKBAIT!
WAYNE WILL BE GIVING AN AMAZING DEMO, SHOWING US HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE A LURE FROM SCRATCH!

You can see Mark, Wayne and the Essex PAC lads on Wed 13th April at the Nags Head pub, Ramsden Heath, near Billericay, Essex CM11 1HS at 7.30pm. We will be aiming to do a bbq (weather permitting!) and will be out in the marquee at the rear of the pub, for the first time. Remember, you don't have to be a PAC member to attend, though we actively encourage people to join the only voice for pike angling! Entry is £4 PAC members, £5 non-members and the food is included on the night. Hope to see you all, come and give your support!

I went fly fishing on Sunday.

I caught a 6lb bluebottle.

On a sort of totally unrelated angle, I didn't think you could eat Pike, but they did on Masterchef last week.

On a sort of totally unrelated angle, I didn't think you could eat Pike, but they did on Masterchef last week.

Yes, certain Eastern Europeans certainly consider pike a delicacy, so much so that they are often seeing caught red-handed fishing for pike on the rivers and stuffing them in their carrier bags to take home, illegally of course over a certain size (think it's 4lb) and obviously bloody annoying to us pikers who see these decent sport fish being removed from our local waters up and down the UK.
In actual fact, a pike is a very earthy taste, really not that nice at all, especially older fish.
Bloody Masterchef, as if we ain't got enough problems teaching catch and release to the foreigners:Red card:

Back