• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ethan Hamilton Signs on Season Long Loan from Manchester United

Yep, you don't like loanees. We've got it! :-)

Aside from the strange editing decision to show unsuccessful shots on a highlights reel... name ONE player from our team last season who'd have produced a highlights real even a fraction as good as that. PLENTY to be excited about in there - tackles, passes, tricks, goals.

It's mainly because judging players by their highlights reel is a terrible way of looking at a player.

Everybody looks good when you only look at the good stuff they do. Someone could easily produce a highlight reel like that for Dieng and Mantom last season and they struggled badly most of the time.

Fair point. But can you imagine a highlights reel from McLaughlin over the past two seasons? It would be a lot shorter, possibly nil seconds long. So, I’ll take someone who can at least provide some highlights over someone who can’t, whatever the position.

Wrong. From the last 2 years and there's plenty more.

Obviously there's even more examples of poor play by McLaughlin over that period but that's the point. A highlights reel is cherry-picked footage.

Can we now give the team a couple of weeks to get to know each other.... end of September will see us in full flow

Nope....the haters are just going to hate no matter what happens ..sign a promising midfielder from Man U and it’s still not good enough

It's mainly because judging players by their highlights reel is a terrible way of looking at a player.
Stop ******* the air out of the room Yorkie! :-)

We're a League One club with not a great deal to celebrate at this moment in time. If we can't get a little excited on the day we 'sign' a Man Utd player, then when can we? Of course, we've yet to see him actually play and yeah, he might not really stack up, but for now there's plenty of skill in that little package to make me excited to see him.

It's their revenge - he'll score loads of own goals, get us relegated and Fergie will run on the pitch and waggle his Scottish arse at Ron and say, "beat us 1-0 will you!"

Last edited:
Stop ******* the air out of the room Yorkie! :-)

We're a League One club with not a great deal to celebrate at this moment in time. If we can't get a little excited on the day we 'sign' a Man Utd player, then when can we? Of course, we've yet to see him actually play and yeah, he might not really stack up, but for now there's plenty of skill in that little package to make me excited to see him.

Rubbish. We’ve just won a League Cup match for about the first time since we beat his parent club.

So celebrate our kids who were part of that team: 17 year old Charlie Kelman who scored twice; 19 year old Nathan Bishop who played his first game of the season; 19 year old Isaac Hutchinson who most on here (other than Grapevine) have dropped in favour of someone who was dropped by Rochdale last season; 20 year old man of the match Elvis Bwomono. Let’s celebrate them rather than someone who hasn’t yet played a match for the club and will be gone by this time next season.

These four will all be here next year (or will have made the club a tidy profit). They are part of the club’s past, present and future.

Great post YB.....

Unfortunately in football it’s always been the case of the emperors new clothes....the new kid on the block, the fella signed from somewhere else, the player someone else has, will always be shinier and newer and better than what you have in your own back yard.....

Gillingham just signed a guy called Matthew Willock....anyone know him? He’s the older brother of Joe and Chris Willock at Arsenal....

He’s 22 and made two sub appearances for Man Us senior team before several loan spells and subsequently left on a free for Gillingham this summer.....

Anyone notice him pre season when we played them? No I didn’t either, until the second half....he wasn’t anywhere near the level of Hutchinson Dru or Kelman all night....

I’m not saying this fella won’t be any good far from it.....he’ll be technically proficient and fit but the only difference between him and Hutchinson will be the extra credit he has in the bank to allow him to make mistakes simply because he’s a new signing from Manchester United!!

Rubbish. We’ve just won a League Cup match for about the first time since we beat his parent club.

So celebrate our kids who were part of that team: 17 year old Charlie Kelman who scored twice; 19 year old Nathan Bishop who played his first game of the season; 19 year old Isaac Hutchinson who most on here (other than Grapevine) have dropped in favour of someone who was dropped by Rochdale last season; 20 year old man of the match Elvis Bwomono. Let’s celebrate them rather than someone who hasn’t yet played a match for the club and will be gone by this time next season.

These four will all be here next year (or will have made the club a tidy profit). They are part of the club’s past, present and future.

Celebrate the kids, abso-bloody-lutely. I couldn’t agree more with that. Our opinions diverge there though with the rest of your post...

Let’s celebrate them rather than someone who hasn’t yet played a match for the club and will be gone by this time next season.
Getting a little bit away from what’s actually been said I think. I said ‘not a great deal to celebrate’ not ‘nothing to celebrate’ and I’ve been celebrating our youngsters for the last 18 months, pretty vocally, just as I’ll continue to do.

But today, I’m also celebrating the signing of the new lad that KB thinks will add more value in a widely recognised problem area for a team that has been struggling for some time, recent and welcome cup win aside. Strikes me this is the best thread to do that.

Right, I don’t care who wants to **** on my enthusiasm, the thought of Milligan and this fella as a pair in our midfield makes me as damp as it comes.

Ethan Hamilton looks like a shrewd loan signing by KB. Hamilton is quite tall at 6' 1", clearly gets stuck in, has an excellent left-foot, and would seem to favour the left-side of central mid-field, a factor which suggests he will complement Mantom with Milligan playing behind them in front of the back-four.

Right, I don’t care who wants to **** on my enthusiasm, the thought of Milligan and this fella as a pair in our midfield makes me as damp as it comes.
His first touch is great has good foresight and can pass a ball ,good dribbling skills and shot also ,Think this is a top signing even if its just a season long loan , exciting times ahead i think ,him and Milligan wow now we have a midfield.Good bit of business Mr Bond .

I agree we have some very good talent of our own ,but Ethan plays a different position to any of them ,so why cant we celebrate Ethan along side Elvis Bishop,Hutchinson and Kelman.Bringing in loanees is part and parcel of being a club such as ours .

I don’t get this thing against loan players. I think as a club we have the right balance, and always have had. A couple to fill problem area of a squad is perfect. Some clubs have far far more and its a very short sighted fix for them.

Yes we have had some rubbish ones, but also some pretty good ones too. We have also had some that have gone on to sign permanently.

This guy may be great, he may not, but he is the sort of player the squad was lacking.

Hutchinson is still going to get a lot of game time this season, although personally I think it will be next season he really kicks on, as it’s still a little early for him to be a regular starter. (IMO)

Question:Can he contribute more than the recently departed Dru? I suspect yes, and, if he can this makes it an excellent signing!

Back