• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you in favour of Britain's membership of the EU?

• In.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Out.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Bart.No opion.It depends etc

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the last few pages which have left me bemused and stunned.

The only question,

Why do the immigrants wish to pass through nice hot countries and Germany and France to get into Great Britain.

Maybe because they're told by those they pay their life savings to, to smuggle them across borders that our streets are paved with gold.

Maybe because they're told by those they pay their life savings to, to smuggle them across borders that our streets are paved with gold.

Then they need to be better educated then !

Personal thought is,they think we are a complete soft touch,cannot blame them gotta blame the system.

Personal thought is,they think we are a complete soft touch,cannot blame them gotta blame the system.

But that's what happens when you have first a Tory led Coalition and then a pure Tory government.

People are desperate, sometimes running for their lives and those of their families. We (as a country) have a lot of blame to take after getting involved (illegally) in Iraq and the situations in Libya, Syria and beyond.

True, but how long does it take to shut flood gates? I would have thought that 5 years was enough time to build a very big dam, let along close the existing gates.

You can't close the gates or build a dam while signed up to free movement of EU citizens. Something else Labour are responsible for.

Actually I did live in the UK "for a number of years." I was born and brought up in Southend and didn't move abroad until I was in my late 20's.Even after that I came came for a year in 80/1 and did 3 months postgraduate study in London in 1991.

if you think the immigrant/migrant problem is only restricted to the UK then you are the one who's sadly deluded.

Difference is that right-wing bigots like you don't have a platform to bang on about it here, as you (and others ) do in the UK.

You know we all love you Barners,and your 2 or 3 trips back each year is just right.:thumbsup:

You can't close the gates or build a dam while signed up to free movement of EU citizens. Something else Labour are responsible for.

I don't know when free movement of EU citizens came into effect, but surely it was before Labour came into their last block of Government. I am open to correction if it was in their terms.

Actually I did live in the UK "for a number of years." I was born and brought up in Southend and didn't move abroad until I was in my late 20's.Even after that I came came for a year in 80/1 and did 3 months postgraduate study in London in 1991.

if you think the immigrant/migrant problem is only restricted to the UK then you are the one who's sadly deluded.

Difference is that right-wing bigots like you don't have a platform to bang on about it here, as you (and others ) do in the UK.

:hilarious: Yeah because back in the 60's and 70's and 90's the problem of immigrant migration to the UK was just as bad back as it is now :hilarious: You really should try reading back to yourself the stuff you type before clicking the 'post reply' button. You wouldn't make yourself look so much of a tit you know.

As I said. You've not lived here for years therefore you can't even begin to understand what it's like to ive with it and deal with it and consequently your delusional posts mean absolutely nothing.

On the other point. Next time you grace us with your presence here in good ol UK we'll have to meet up in the Spread where you can call me a right wing bigot to my face. You'll then definitely appreciate the NHS you haven't paid into for years :thumbsup:

Bigot,

You sound like Gordon Brown !

The Labour parody will alway's sling mud at anyone not agreeing with their mad values.

Nothing casual about my predjudice against right-wingers.It's life-long and merited.

I notice you chose to highlight just one sentence from my post rather than contest any of the other points I raised.

Nothing casual about my predjudice against right-wingers.It's life-long and merited.

I notice you chose to highlight just one sentence from my post rather than contest any of the other points I raised.

So, let me get this straight, you're openly admitting to being prejudiced towards a select group of people, and as a result, tend to ignore/dismiss their (usual opposing) views and opinions to your own, citing they are the ones who are, in fact, predjudiced towards a select group of people?

Ok. Ironic, no?

And the reason I haven't been bothered to contest any of your other points, is two-fold;

1) Because as you've just proved, anyone with a different political stance to yourself, (and therefore a differing view), will never get a fair discussion out of you, regarding these types of subjects, because as you've admitted, you're proudly prejudiced towards them.

2) I find it highly amusing, that someone who doesn't even live in the country, can have such a strong opinion about the subject, when you're not here to witness it!? And using your ideology that, because you watch Newsnight, qualifies you to know all the ins & outs of this country, and it's current climate, makes it even more laughable.

Tell me, I've never been to a jungle, but I've seen the Jungle Book film a few times. Does that also qualify me as an expert with a valid opinion?

Nice to know the sniping against TUIB continues whilst the evidence of huge economic benefits of immigration from the EU has been ignored still.

Head in the sand girls and boys?

Nice to know the sniping against TUIB continues whilst the evidence of huge economic benefits of immigration from the EU has been ignored still.

Head in the sand girls and boys?

Do they really contribute 20 billion net ?
The majority are low paid thus claiming state hand outs to supplement their income.
How many have commited crime,imprisoned,court trials,the cost is vast.

20 billion hmmm I smell poo poo.

Do they really contribute 20 billion net ?
The majority are low paid thus claiming state hand outs to supplement their income.
How many have commited crime,imprisoned,court trials,the cost is vast.

20 billion hmmm I smell poo poo.

So you've commented without reading the data and come back with baseless "facts" and anecdotes? Excellent job :thumbsup:

So you've commented without reading the data and come back with baselese facts and anecdotes? Excellent job :thumbsup:

I used common sense as the basic math simply does not work !

If the figure was true,then why not allow 20,000,000 immigrants to settle here,surely their net contribution would make us all richer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back