• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Euros

Personally they read like comedy genius, if I could tune to that channel I would as it seems more interesting than the likes of Linaker and Murphy.

Certaintly agree about Murphy.No way he should be commentating on International fooball.His recent comments covering Spain's first game and arguiing for Traore to be brought on were just embarrasing.As it happens I'm a big Traore fan -I saw him beat Espanyol on his own against Wolves the season before last in the UEFA Cup.But there's a big difference between Prem. and International football which Danny boy doesn't seem to get.
Personally they read like comedy genius, if I could tune to that channel I would as it seems more interesting than the likes of Linaker and Murphy.

You're certainly right about Murphy,He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the commentary of an International match.He was just emabarrasing in Spain's first match, wondering repeatedly as to why Raoul Traore wasn't playing.Now as it happens I'm a bit of a RT fan having seen him beat Espanyol practically on his own the season before last in the EUFA cup for Wolves.There's a difference though between playing in the Prem.and International football which Danny doesn't seem to get at all.

Thinking about it, the UK commentators haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in their coverage of this tournament.

Emma Hayes is a breath of fresh air.

(admittedly she is a summariser rather than a commentator. Tyldesley is as unlistenable as ever)

Certaintly agree about Murphy.No way he should be commentating on International fooball.His recent comments covering Spain's first game and arguiing for Traore to be brought on were just embarrasing.As it happens I'm a big Traore fan -I saw him beat Espanyol on his own against Wolves the season before last in the UEFA Cup.But there's a big difference between Prem. and International football which Danny boy doesn't seem to get.
In fairness in both games Spain were struggling to break down their opponents or get behind them because they were too slow and predictable. Traore would have given them a better option off the bench with his pace and ability to beat defenders in wide areas. Perfectly decent point by Murphy IMO.

Emma Hayes is a breath of fresh air.

(admittedly she is a summariser rather than a commentator. Tyldesley is as unlistenable as ever)
It helps that Emma Hayes is a successful manager with Chelsea women (I know there's a lot of differences between men's and women's football but in terms of tactics and match analysis there's a lot of overlap) whereas most of the other summarisers are there because of their playing days and not because they've demonstrated any sort of analytical ability (quite a few them have even tried being a manager and proven to be awful at it).

In fairness in both games Spain were struggling to break down their opponents or get behind them because they were too slow and predictable. Traore would have given them a better option off the bench with his pace and ability to beat defenders in wide areas. Perfectly decent point by Murphy IMO.

Murphy only knows about Traore from the Prem.He clearly hasn't seen him play for Spain.Incidentally he didn't mention him at all in Spain 's second game.Watch Spain hit top form against Slovakia tonight (without Traore) and qualify fo the last 16.

Who would everyone prefer England to play next? My preference would be Portugal. However, if we assume Germany don't lose to Hungary that becomes very difficult. From what I can see the only way that will happen is if Germany win, and so do Portugal against France. That will leave Germany 1st, Portugal 2nd and France 3rd. I simply can't see that happening.

My 2nd preference would be Germany who aren't what they once were (even if they do seem to be coming good at the right time) and are certainly nowhere near as good as France.

They are all there for the taking if we care to believe in ourselves and take the fight to them. Can we do that? Only time and next Tuesday will tell.

Wow, the integrity unit need to investigate this game.

Slovakia give the ball away on the edge of their own area, Spain still can't score so the Slovakian keeper pushes the ball into the net.

Wow, the integrity unit need to investigate this game.

Slovakia give the ball away on the edge of their own area, Spain still can't score so the Slovakian keeper pushes the ball into the net.

The keeper is having a nightmare.

Spain are very average even being 2 nil up.

UEFA need to look how they put these groups together, I would say, apart from group F, we had the second hardest. The rest were pretty easy for the bigger teams.

Sweden 2-2 Poland. Draw would put Spain top and could mean we play them in the Quarters.

Back