• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't see the point in doing it. All the nations are in bed with each other and always vote for each other no matter how crap the songs are. Pointless exercise

Did anyone see this last night.. LMAO:clap:
[video=youtube;u2Mlycn-9mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Mlycn-9mw&list=UUBEv-wQR6NHv6s3JoiSfQtw&index=1[/video]

The UK didn't get 23 points because everyone hates us, we got 23 points because we picked a dull song, sung by a has been. Trouble is we simply don't "get" Eurovision, it's fun and daft and should be treated as such.

Drastic™;1530101 said:
The UK didn't get 23 points because everyone hates us, we got 23 points because we picked a dull song, sung by a has been. Trouble is we simply don't "get" Eurovision, it's fun and daft and should be treated as such.

We've done "fun and daft" and that's gone down like a lead balloon. So if any British artist wants to enter they must realise that they will have no chance of winning and accept it a such - but they'll get their 15 minutes of fame.

We've done "fun and daft" and that's gone down like a lead balloon. So if any British artist wants to enter they must realise that they will have no chance of winning and accept it a such - but they'll get their 15 minutes of fame.

Indeed we have, wasn't it Scooch or something with "Flying the Flag"? I thought that was a eurovision type song all over but it still bombed.

Indeed we have, wasn't it Scooch or something with "Flying the Flag"? I thought that was a eurovision type song all over but it still bombed.

Yep. Take solace in the fact that we are Europe's Usain Bolt of music whilst every other European country is Stephen Hawking with a puncture. Whilst drunk. And asleep.

** meh meh meh exceptions blah blah **

The only way we'd have any chance is if whoever is the top Syco act (One Direction atm) performed.

Drastic™;1530101 said:

I wonder if there's also some resentment given the fact that we automatically qualify for the final without ever having to go through the semi finals. I think the reason is because we put so much money into the European Broadcasting Union. The other countries in the same boat are France, Germany Italy and Spain so I'm not sure...

Drastic™;1530101 said:

I think you're missing the point. Andy Abrahams came last, without a single vote from the 22 East European Countries. Most experts agreed that he gave One of the very best performances of the night with an average song. That Year, there were some horrendous songs and poor live singing. That should have meant he would finish in the middle at least. But he finished last.

The bottom line is that, for all the political voting, the best song (or at least one of the best 3 or 4 songs) does tend to win every year. We have no right to get votes just because we fund the thing, or because we have a rich and diverse pop music heritage that's way more sophisticated than just about every other country in the competition. I've just been looking back at our last 10-15 entries - they're all ****, forgetable songs that lost out to much better songs. Nothing wrong with that.

No... even by Eurovisions standards, that over-stepped the mark of cheese.

Love a bit of Eurovision. gutted to be missing it this year, as am out, but have some good money on Germany.

Ukranian singer looks a bit of alright.

Was listening to the top few songs (odds wise) and there are actually some fairly credible tunes this year

Understatement of the year...

Back