• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Event In the second half of the hartlepool game

soul DJ

Youth Team
I was not going to mention this on the forum until I had heard from the club, but I would like to talk about an incident that happened to my wife during the second half of the Hartlepool game.

As you are aware the new Youth Scholers were being introduced to the fans, and this rant is about them and their family/guests. We had the misfortune of having them sat in our area in the East Blacks.

At the start of the game most of the players and guests arrived at their seats after the kick off, causing all the fans to have to stand and let them through, which is in its self quite annoying (took almost 10 minutes for the last ones to take their seat)

In the second half, although the players were all sat in their seats, some of the players family/guests were enjoying the hospitality in the collymore suite, and the same thing happened again, with many of them trickeling back to their seats late again. One lady arrived back after 15 minutes of te 2nd half. she stood next to my wife (who's seat is on the aisle) then barked at her to stand up as she wants to get to her seat (this was the first communication) my wife took a short while (seconds) to gather her bag etc before standing up, the woman then swore at my wife that she did not stand up quick enough, my wife just said to her that perhaps if the game is so important to her, she should arrive back a little earlier. The language that this woman used to my wife was disgusting, when 3 people just asked her to hurry up and get to her set, she pushed my wife who very nearly ended up in the aisle. we then had other members of the party verbally abusing us during the rest of the game

The initial lady is the Mother of one of the Players

After the game we made the club aware of this, and put the complaint in writing, we then phoned Helen Norbury on Tuesday of this week (10 days after our initial complaint) and was told that she would call us back the next day, the next day no call, so we called back on the Thursday, and was told the same, this time we did get a call on Friday from Mrs Norbury, saying that Geoff King had sent a letter to us.

that arrived this morning, to paraphaphase, he said that the Woman had apologised to the club, and he would like to apologise to my wife for the inconvienience, and they want to leave the matter here

I would say this is not an inconvienience, but perhaps an assault

And what about an apology from the woman to my wife, who I would like to remind you all is disabled, and now does not want to renew here season card for next season, so the club are effectivly going to lose three season card holders.

what are your thoughts, and what should I do next

How very sad that because of the ignorance of some, the club is going to potentially lose the support of dedicated supporters. I'd be a little unhappy at the length of time it took for a response to come from the club at all to be perfectly honest. In the circumstances, I'd have expected something within 24 hours of the initial follow up phone call (as there's always a chance a letter can go astray).

I'm also a little disappointed at Mr King's response, at the very least I would have hoped the club would have offered you something to make up for this distress, whether that be flowers, or a complimentary meal in the platinum suite or something else.

If it's any consolation, I would expect that this woman will not be making too many further appearances at first team games so her ignorance and that of some of the others in the party will not be a problem in the future.

In the circumstances, I would hope that the scholars and their parents are reminded in writing of the expected code of conduct that applies to everyone - and that such behaviour if it had occurred probably anywhere else in the ground would have probably resulted in the intervention of a steward. Under no circumstances is a push acceptable, no matter who is involved, I hope Scriv will pick up on this post and report it back to the club as it seems to me you've been rather badly let down here.

As to whether you should do anything else, that is up to you. If it helps to write directly to Ron Martin, then perhaps that is what you should do.

If you are not happy with the clubs handling of the situation then don't feel obliged to accept it. If it was me I'd write again to the club explaining my greivance.

The club should appreciate that situations like you have described leave a very nasty taste in the mouth and need to be addressed properly by the club. Feeling like you're getting the brush off doesnt help at all.

That is typical of the bankers we have in the East Blacks from time to time. This is why I had my rant about a similar thing a while back. If it wasn't for the fact I have real good laugh with those around me, I would have move a while back!

The club obviously think you're a mug punter because you've been a STH for many years & will renew regardless! It is an unfortunate regular happening in that area, especially with a lot of the parents of the various mascots. They get bored or want a dogburger or a drink after their moment on the pitch & their parents disturb everybody else after the game has started TWICE!

May I suggest that you write to RM AND another director, Paul Robinson (Sorry Paul if you're reading this!) & remind them that what happened to yur wife was assault & that they should look at their CCTV tapes accordingly. I would also ask anybody who saw it to be a witness & threaten to make it a police matter!

Watch the club act then!

Its stories like this that make me feel absolute disgust, how can these people come and named as "fans". They bring shame on our club, and should not have to just apologise and that be the end of it, moreover banned/fined. And lastly, don't just accept a mesely appology. Take it further, I know I wouldn't want any behaviour of which you have described to be ended with a "sorry."

Typical Geoff King answer really, not our fault, and don't care. He has the same stock answer for all complaints.

That is typical of the bankers we have in the East Blacks from time to time. This is why I had my rant about a similar thing a while back. If it wasn't for the fact I have real good laugh with those around me, I would have move a while back!

The club obviously think you're a mug punter because you've been a STH for many years & will renew regardless! It is an unfortunate regular happening in that area, especially with a lot of the parents of the various mascots. They get bored or want a dogburger or a drink after their moment on the pitch & their parents disturb everybody else after the game has started TWICE!

May I suggest that you write to RM AND another director, Paul Robinson (Sorry Paul if you're reading this!) & remind them that what happened to yur wife was assault & that they should look at their CCTV tapes accordingly. I would also ask anybody who saw it to be a witness & threaten to make it a police matter!

Watch the club act then!

I can't say I witnessed the incident but there was certainly late arrivals before the match and after half time which must have been a major pain in the arse for those affected. I would not be sure if there would be CCTV evidence, however it's worth a look.

I agree with the post by Big Shrimp that you should address this to RM, I would also suggest you copy it to Garry Adamson who I have found most helpful in the past.

Good luck mate.

Its stories like this that make me feel absolute disgust, how can these people come and named as "fans". They bring shame on our club, and should not have to just apologise and that be the end of it, moreover banned/fined. And lastly, don't just accept a mesely appology. Take it further, I know I wouldn't want any behaviour of which you have described to be ended with a "sorry."

Their not fans DOTM,it's all about little jimmy playing for Man utd one day and SUFC are a stepping stone to the cash that awaits them.

Personally i think it's totally disgusting. Like ST said i suppose this divvy bint thinks her kid will be a superstar in the future and therefore is more important than anyone. unfortunately it sounds like the club are trying to sweep it under the carpet which is also pretty disgusting. What makes it worse is the fact the club actually know the culprit. I'd definately not let it drop though and kick up as much grief as you can.

Their not fans DOTM,it's all about little jimmy playing for Man utd one day and SUFC are a stepping stone to the cash that awaits them.

Spot on & they will boast about how their son is a pro footballer at work, parties & wherever anybody will listen!

If thats how they've been dragged up, then the kids won't have the discipline to be a pro!

Spot on & they will boast about how their son is a pro footballer at work, parties & wherever anybody will listen!

If thats how they've been dragged up, then the kids won't have the discipline to be a pro!

As I've said more than once recently, parents have a lot to answer for!

Back