• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a bit worrying but I remember Tara Brady saying several times that our cash flow issue is such that we have to basically choose who to let down every month. I imagine players who have been released will be the ones that have to wait.

Still not good though. I fear the dark times are returning after a brief two-year respite.

Anyone know any rich sheikhs?

A thick double chocolate one can be a bit sickly.

Just had text from my mate who is friends with Harris (through Rayleigh Boys FC) and he said that they had been paid and there were no problmes with wages and hadnt been all the time he has been with us. Think this rumour was just vicious gossip by a bitter ex player.

Just had text from my mate who is friends with Harris (through Rayleigh Boys FC) and he said that they had been paid and there were no problmes with wages and hadnt been all the time he has been with us. Think this rumour was just vicious gossip by a bitter ex player.

Thanks for that info, Shrimperjon. So no embargo either presumably .......... unless Harris is not telling you the truth because the club has got some nasty information on him and they are blackmailing him to play for nothing .......

Thanks for that info, Shrimperjon. So no embargo either presumably .......... unless Harris is not telling you the truth because the club has got some nasty information on him and they are blackmailing him to play for nothing .......

Rubbish Embargo seeing as we have signed two players today.

It was not, but today was a big day funding wise for SUFC (they got some money in) hence so much action taking place.

Does it really matter whether we have paid the players or got a transfer embargo or is it even good news about the players signed today? I ask because so many support PS and clearly his stance for last term is that the teams with bigger budgets did the job and I am sure there will be at least three teams with bigger budgets than us this season and so by that logic we cant go up this term either. Silly me for thinking the budgets can be important but equally an experienced manager, using the right tactics, which is what I thought PS was supposed to do, can get a less expensive side to the next tier. When we were top last season it was despite poor performances, from a side not the best but capable of playing better. If we had kicked on then well.... Still, small budget so lets not pay the players or sign anyone else, lets just sit back and wait for the inevitable excuses from the manager who will still have supporters championing their man.

Does it really matter whether we have paid the players or got a transfer embargo or is it even good news about the players signed today? I ask because so many support PS and clearly his stance for last term is that the teams with bigger budgets did the job and I am sure there will be at least three teams with bigger budgets than us this season and so by that logic we cant go up this term either. Silly me for thinking the budgets can be important but equally an experienced manager, using the right tactics, which is what I thought PS was supposed to do, can get a less expensive side to the next tier. When we were top last season it was despite poor performances, from a side not the best but capable of playing better. If we had kicked on then well.... Still, small budget so lets not pay the players or sign anyone else, lets just sit back and wait for the inevitable excuses from the manager who will still have supporters championing their man.

We might as well give up now then eh! God I've read some tripe on this site before but someone give this one a prize.

It was not, but today was a big day funding wise for SUFC (they got some money in) hence so much action taking place.

The odds weren't great but Ron still stuck half a million on Spain winning the Euros back in May and made quite a tidy profit when the bookies opened this morning ..........

Id suggest that no manager on earth would be able to get a club promoted if they couldnt sign a goalkeeper due to an embargo.

As for the rest of your post, in the real world money talks. Clubs with bigger budgets find it easier to get promoted, that doesnt mean its impossible for a smaller club to do so, just makes it a bigger achievement when they do.

Even with the likes of Crawley and Swindon in the leage we still got 5 more points than when we last got promoted from this league and when the mega rich Yeovil won it with the same amount of points we got this year , yet those supporters who dont 'champion their man' wont give any credit at all....

Back