• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris has a job to do as well, which includes reporting on SUFC and If the club won't play ball why shouldn't he use rumour and some inside knowledge. I do love the way everyone takes the moral high ground and uses to to bash the **** out of CP.

Chris has a job to do as well, which includes reporting on SUFC and If the club won't play ball why shouldn't he use rumour and some inside knowledge. I do love the way everyone takes the moral high ground and uses to to bash the **** out of CP.

This. CP's job is to report news, all he has done in mentioned that Nesbitt has tweeted that he hasn't been paid and that he has also been told from other's that this is the case. Not make rumours up or anything. The problem is that we don't know the full facts, maybe they are a day or two late getting paid, but maybe there is more to it.

Not sure why we are talking about an embargo, as last time we had one was due to not paying players for months on end.

Just dont think its particularly professional though. His twitter account is set up to be his personal one - so a snide comment of "I've been told this by other players" and leave it as that, is nothing to do with his job - he is using contacts to post comments that undermine the club.

He knows (or should do) as much as anyone about the situation at SUFC. When we've had trouble in the past, the club have made a statement saying how hard it is cash flow wise pre-season as there is no money coming in. So why does he feel the need to post that? If he puts it in the paper in a professional capacity and can back up rumour and conjecture with fact, then its news worthy.

At the moment, all we have is a mongy ex-player crudely mouthing off (enough to get the police involved I'd say - I'd like to know who he was aiming the "c**ts" at, let alone the racist ***** he has on his profile) and CP chipping in with more rumour to stir the pot.

Even if players 'havent been paid' (and we've had other inside knowledge to say they HAVE), then right now, I'd honestly not be surprised or even that worried. I'm sure any monies will be paid, albeit a few days late. Thats no excuse I agree and pretty poor show, but at the same time, the histrionics are way over the top.

Just pee's me off to see how quick people are to jump on the club at the moment. Like they need news every second of the day.

WE HAVENT MADE ANY SIGNINGS!!! ... not even out of June yet and most people were away

WHY HASNT THE TOUR BEEN SORTED!!! ... what does it matter? Its for the players, not you. If you can go then great, but its not a supporter based thing.

PLAYERS HAVENT BEEN PAID - EMBARGO!!! ...

PS obviously trying really hard to keep in touch with the fans via SZ and just hope he doesnt get pushed away again by some of the bilge posted from some people.

Just dont think its particularly professional though. His twitter account is set up to be his personal one - so a snide comment of "I've been told this by other players" and leave it as that, is nothing to do with his job - he is using contacts to post comments that undermine the club.

He knows (or should do) as much as anyone about the situation at SUFC. When we've had trouble in the past, the club have made a statement saying how hard it is cash flow wise pre-season as there is no money coming in. So why does he feel the need to post that? If he puts it in the paper in a professional capacity and can back up rumour and conjecture with fact, then its news worthy.

At the moment, all we have is a mongy ex-player crudely mouthing off (enough to get the police involved I'd say - I'd like to know who he was aiming the "c**ts" at, let alone the racist ***** he has on his profile) and CP chipping in with more rumour to stir the pot.

Even if players 'havent been paid' (and we've had other inside knowledge to say they HAVE), then right now, I'd honestly not be surprised or even that worried. I'm sure any monies will be paid, albeit a few days late. Thats no excuse I agree and pretty poor show, but at the same time, the histrionics are way over the top.

pb I do hear you but how frustrating if the club are freezing him out because they've got there knickers in a twist. Maybe he shouldn't of said it but maybe it's a bit of frustration at the clubs stance.

pb I do hear you but how frustrating if the club are freezing him out because they've got there knickers in a twist. Maybe he shouldn't of said it but maybe it's a bit of frustration at the clubs stance.

Isnt that just petty though. Too be fair, he does strike me as petty and pretty spikey, so guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

First glad TN has gone .. anybody that tweets such racist rubbish is best got out of ANY club Two for watching such total garbage as TOWIE at anytime he should be fined more than Joey Barton for being that thick . Finally wait and see in the next week or two who we bring in trust Luggy regarding the playing side of things the fact that Chris Phillips is looking for stories is a good sign that we are actually conducting transfer matters in the right way to stop any deals getting blown out of the water when we think we can get a deal done by putting names in the press

If the players were not being paid why would Philips resign for two years why did hurst put pen to paper and if true three new faces be coming in on monday .Is this more spin by a member of the local rag .

Well said kent shrimper and well said tn
echo is newspaper and had to sell papers

Well said kent shrimper and well said tn
echo is newspaper and had to sell papers

Maybe, but after complaining about the lack of information from the club, is this the best way for CP to improve relations? If it's true then that's fine, but the bit that says "Other players have said the same to me." could mean others have confirmed about Nesbitt, or it could mean that others haven't been paid.

Twitter has limited characters per tweet, so the room for misinterpretation is quite large. If the meaning was that others haven't been paid, then fair enough there's an issue, and it's Chris' job to tell us. If, however, it's just that they're confirming Nesbitt hasn't been paid, then Chris should really be more careful how he tweets over sensitive issues (especially with our history of late payments).

I think it is the ex players still waiting to be paid....some of you have such faith in a skint club with RM at the helm it amazes me.

I think it is the ex players still waiting to be paid....some of you have such faith in a skint club with RM at the helm it amazes me.

This is the point I was making, we don't know for sure. Chris has posted something on twitter that's given rise to rumour and speculation over something that, if true, is pretty bloomin' serious. I just think he should've clarified what exactly he meant by the other players.

As for faith in a skint club, I'm not sure where you're coming from on this thread to be honest. I don't think people are saying it's definitely not true, rather that it's giving rise to uncertainty, and isn't helpful.

Its true.....If you want proof I cannot give it as it would create problems for us..

Its true.....If you want proof I cannot give it as it would create problems for us..

What's true? That Nesbitt hasn't been paid? That other ex players haven't been paid? That current players haven't been paid? I think most of us had guessed that Nesbitt hadn't been, it was the "other players" bit that caused concern. PM if it's easier, though I'm not asking for proof, just clarification

Read my post above please...I said the ex players had not been paid.This has happened before when players have left they are regarded as low down the food chain as they are of no more importance...forget the fact the may have ongoing bills etc to pay....This seems to be the RM way.

Read my post above please...I said the ex players had not been paid.This has happened before when players have left they are regarded as low down the food chain as they are of no more importance...forget the fact the may have ongoing bills etc to pay....This seems to be the RM way.

I did read the post, and it only said that you think it's the ex players, so that would mean it's only Nesbitt you have proof over.

So it's ex-players, presumably now out of contract who haven't been paid? The thread says 'players not paid again.' I'm not suggesting it's right to withhold payment, just wanting to clear up whether this is an entire payroll issue, or just a few?

Back