• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long until the "NatWest Crisis is to blame" article appears on the OS... :hilarious:

I have a vague memory of RBS being mentioned when the last financial troubles were with us ........ so I'm clinging by my fingernails to a straw in a flooded river in a drought ridden country that this is the reason .............:unsure:

I'd assume that Nesbitt is one of the lowest paid players on the books. If he isn't getting paid and it's not a NatWest issue (the club bank with Lloyds TSB I vaguely recall so it would be the players banking with NatWest who would be in trouble) then it probably won't just be him.

I guess we'll find out shortly.

It's a bit worrying but I remember Tara Brady saying several times that our cash flow issue is such that we have to basically choose who to let down every month. I imagine players who have been released will be the ones that have to wait.

Still not good though. I fear the dark times are returning after a brief two-year respite.

Anyone know any rich sheikhs?

Indeed. An inability to spell a simple word such as paid tells me most of what I need to know.

It's the not-so-subtle racism I've more of a problem with. I guess we have a very different approach to La Masia these days...

I'd assume that Nesbitt is one of the lowest paid players on the books. If he isn't getting paid and it's not a NatWest issue (the club bank with Lloyds TSB I vaguely recall so it would be the players banking with NatWest who would be in trouble) then it probably won't just be him.

I guess we'll find out shortly.

Well he has been released so this is his last month ?

If we have been unable to pay his salary, which as you say wont be huge, then that doesnt bode well.

img-thing

Teddy nesbitt ‏@Teddy_Nesbitt
How has this black girl got on only way Essex spoiled the show w*g

Quality. We should be asking how the club have not stamped all over him with tweets like that.

Jesus. You'd think the players would have the sense not to post stuff like that.

Quality. We should be asking how the club have not stamped all over him with tweets like that.

I am willing to pay Teddy out of my own pocket if he keeps coming up with gems like that, Viva Nesbitt.

Give it a few months , maybe a year and then the club will make a strong response

Maybe the club wrote to him saying he has been fined a months wages for brain dead tweets, he just couldn't work out how to open the envelope. Delighted he's been released now.

Back