• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Phillips said nothing of the sort.

All he did was report what Teddy Chavbett tweeted and then said the club denied it.

No he also said "other players said the same"

Referring to Nesbitt not being paid.

Expecting a 5am post from Wee Birdie :smiles:

Had one of them last week! Nothing was backed up! No signings, no tour info and no press conference!
Just a post about someone we are not signing on official site!
What or who to believe!

Had one of them last week! Nothing was backed up! No signings, no tour info and no press conference!
Just a post about someone we are not signing on official site!
What or who to believe!

Hope you're not suggesting wee birdie is a lyrebird !

See, this is the problem. Fans clamour for info, but anything not coming off is jumped on. He can't win.

I think there is such a thing as too much information. I don't understand why people cant just switch off for a bit and just let the club get on with it, its the same very bloody year!

Personally, I am very worried by threads like this. Given the readership of SZ, this kind of wild rumour is not going to help at all, especially at the very moment we are attempting to attract players to the club. Like everyone else, I crave for news about the club but there is something in the saying, "don't wash your dirty linen in public." I am not generally one for criticising but I question the mods wisdom in allowing the publishing of a thread which could well be extremely damaging, especially as it is based on rather flimsy evidence.

Personally, I am very worried by threads like this. Given the readership of SZ, this kind of wild rumour is not going to help at all, especially at the very moment we are attempting to attract players to the club. Like everyone else, I crave for news about the club but there is something in the saying, "don't wash your dirty linen in public." I am not generally one for criticising but I question the mods wisdom in allowing the publishing of a thread which could well be extremely damaging, especially as it is based on rather flimsy evidence.
That would amount to censorship surely though Yogi and I'm not sure the owners or moderators would want to apply anything of that nature? The beauty of ShrimperZone is that people are able to discuss and comment on practically any subject, I would hope that the more sensible and rational of SZ's posters would react to belittle such rumblings of malcontent.

There certainly seems to have been a lot of ridiculously over-reactive knee jerk type reactions recently and personally, I tend to think the club (Clunie) need to go back to being above responding to some things. His original postings were one comment ones, now he seems to have got into discussion, and of course, people have tried to exploit that more.

The original tweet (from a twit) is far more damaging though Yogi......

That would amount to censorship surely though Yogi and I'm not sure the owners or moderators would want to apply anything of that nature? The beauty of ShrimperZone is that people are able to discuss and comment on practically any subject, I would hope that the more sensible and rational of SZ's posters would react to belittle such rumblings of malcontent.

There certainly seems to have been a lot of ridiculously over-reactive knee jerk type reactions recently and personally, I tend to think the club (Clunie) need to go back to being above responding to some things. His original postings were one comment ones, now he seems to have got into discussion, and of course, people have tried to exploit that more.
Call it censorship if you wish but in the same way we are extremely wary about publishing things that could be libellous, I think we should show similar caution with items that could be very damaging to the club, unless it is based on pretty solid information.

There is a fine line between reporting the news and being a thorough nuisance. Chris was complaining on twitter that he cannot get anything from the club at the moment - in the next breath he is reporting on rumours of players not being paid. At a time when the club is trying to convince a number of new faces - surely anybody can see that this is counter productive? There is apparently no concrete evidence so why choose this moment to raise the issue?

Chris is clearly a fan of the club but he needs to be a little more sensitive about his reporting and perhaps the club will work with him more. Personally I would rather hear nothing for a month than lose out on various players because of idol speculation.

As much as I enjoy twitter and message boards - beginning to wonder how positive a tool it is regarding football clubs - negativity seems to breed over the internet.

Agree about Chris, really really shouldn't have put that on twitter. If he reports it in the paper backed up with some sort of fact, then that's his job. What he did yesterday in my opinion is exploiting his position of being in the know and posting it as personal comment.

Not particularly smart as others have said...

Back