• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Exiles and those that live abroad.

Didn't know where else to ask - there is a team called West Essex playing an FA Cup qualifier on Friday night. Who are they as I don't recall Southend ever playing a pre season friendly against them?

Didn't know where else to ask - there is a team called West Essex playing an FA Cup qualifier on Friday night. Who are they as I don't recall Southend ever playing a pre season friendly against them?
They are an Essex Senior League side who play at Wadham Lodge in Walthamstow.

Thanks - they have a rather self important name but perhaps wanted to emphasise their Essex roots within the spread of London

Thanks - they have a rather self important name but perhaps wanted to emphasise their Essex roots within the spread of London

Could have been a spin off from West Essex CC who have played in Chingford since 1921….( when Chingford was in Essex!)

I do have a couple of non shrimperzone mates, one in Wroclaw, Poland and the other in The Hague. Who like to be updated on SUFC news.

I guess there are plenty more like that.

I'll take up that offer and wonder out loud whether @Rob Noxious and @cornwall blues and the other Cornwall blue, sorry, can't remember the handle, might consider a car share to Torquay on September 18?

Sorry for the belated reply CPM as I've had internet problems at home over the last week and have just dropped by via the work office's server. Grumpy Blue and I travel to these 'local' jollies by train as we're on the beer for such trips. A few of my PZ friends have expressed an interest in this one too - we're likely to be getting a train circa 9.30 from PZ so we can get stuck into the ale at 'The Hole In The Wall' (just west of the harbour) soon after noon. I don't know if you've got a Devon & Cornwall Railcard? I think they must be about £15 now - they give you a third off travel within D&C. My recently purchased Senior Railcard will be doing that job for me. I'll message you about the exact train we'll be on once me and Grumpy have arranged it, if this might be of interest to you. Cheers now.

Sorry for the belated reply CPM as I've had internet problems at home over the last week and have just dropped by via the work office's server. Grumpy Blue and I travel to these 'local' jollies by train as we're on the beer for such trips. A few of my PZ friends have expressed an interest in this one too - we're likely to be getting a train circa 9.30 from PZ so we can get stuck into the ale at 'The Hole In The Wall' (just west of the harbour) soon after noon. I don't know if you've got a Devon & Cornwall Railcard? I think they must be about £15 now - they give you a third off travel within D&C. My recently purchased Senior Railcard will be doing that job for me. I'll message you about the exact train we'll be on once me and Grumpy have arranged it, if this might be of interest to you. Cheers now.
I'll take up that offer and wonder out loud whether @Rob Noxious and @cornwall blues and the other Cornwall blue, sorry, can't remember the handle, might consider a car share to Torquay on September 18?
Hi CPM,
Think I will be going to this one with my son and grandson and visiting his in laws family who live in Paignton. Hopefully catch up with you all at the ground.

Love Wroclaw, what a place to live it must be, but the second part of that makes me wonder what you are doing hanging around with war criminals...
If you like Wroclaw then watch The Plagues of Breslau which I think may be on netflix. Polish crime thriller with lots of iconic location shots. In fact well worth a watch even if you have never heard of Wroclaw.

As for the man in The Hague, he does have a Falklands victory medal but he is no Slobodan Milosevic

Whilst not exactly an exile I spend a good deal of time in France and watch Uk tv and amazon/netflix etc. via a vpn app (tvonholiday) however I now find out that BTSport will not play via this app (they say due to licences etc....) As I would like to watch the Stockport match on the 28th I wonder if anyone has another way to get BTSport abroad as I presume this ban is on them all. Thanks a lot

Madeley In Perth Australia. My partner is from Philippine so have enjoyed a red horse or two also

Back in the days when we had a decent team :) You've been all over the place since haven't you?
Indeed! I've moved about a little, not too much. Did 3 years in Ipswich, then back to Southend, then a year in Florida, then back to Southend again. Then spent a year in Ruislip in NW London, and have now been in Bexley in SE London for the past 6 years.

Back