• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Exiles and those that live abroad.

be very up for that. I'm between Dulwich and Forest Hill. Used to get the train every game with another south London Shrimper, but covid, and us both having kids, has stopped that a bit. would be up for a few this season, if the wife allows
Similarly up for it @Spaceman Spiff. I wouldn't be much help on the driving front though, as I don't drive.

Often go back to my mum and dad's or brother's for the weekend when I go back to home games, but happy to do as a day trip instead here and there ?

The Broads are one of the many places I've lived, between Reedham and Cantley. Did you ever get up that way?
No can't say Either of those are familiar despite spending about half a dozen family holidays up that way.Remember the last one we stayed at the Swan Hotel in Horning where I also met a mate from Ludham in the early 80's.

No can't say Either of those are familiar despite spending about half a dozen family holidays up that way.Remember the last one we stayed at the Swan Hotel in Horning where I also met a mate from Ludham in the early 80's.
Ah, that's further north. Reedham is much closer to the Suffolk border.

Diss, Norfolk
Hi WS. The missus and I have moved to Wymondham from The Hague in Netherlands in the last year so will be most likely be going to home games by train this season. Same journey time as the car, no need to find parking and we can have a few ciders! We cant make the Stockport match, but for Wrexham at home have booked tickets on the 1100 from Norwich which arrives in Diss at 1117. Gets into Prittlewell around 1330. As this is a ' cheap ticket' train we have booked to leave Southend around 1850, gets to Norwich 2120. You are more than welcome to join us!

We were in Holland for around 13 years, but always came back at least once a season with a smattering of Dutchies and other football crazed Europeans for away games at the likes of Sunderland, Pompey, Bradford City, Bristol Rovers (twice - they loved Bristol!), Wigan and, amazingly, Morecambe! I had done the 92 before going to NL and cant wait for away days to begin again (Kings Lynn on Saturday hardly counted as that is our nearest ground!).

Anyway, if you fancy joining us feel free. Hopefully see you at Diss in a couple of weeks.

Chris

There was some talk this morning about the exiles and those that live abroad. It would be interesting to see where we can take this, so if you are one of the above please let us know in this thread whereabouts you are.
Near Stuttgart, Germany

Think I remember Caister (but my annual family trips to the Broads were some time ago now)!

Supposed to be meeting up with a mate now exiled in Norfolk for the Chesterfied game in October.Will ask him to refresh my memory!

Back