• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Fantastic result today, we could go off the bottom if Leeds lose to Birmingham!

However....I'm glad to be away from Cardiff. Horrible, horrible place. After the match, some chavs came up to me and said 'If you don't take that top off I'll break your mouth'...charming. Don't know about anyone else, but I really enjoyed the day out in Swansea last season - all the Swans I met were gracious and decent, football fans.

Oh, not to mention, listening to BBC Radio Wales on the way home, 'Hank', a CCFC fan, calls in saying how he can't believe they lost to a 'Mickey Mouse club'... and how Cardiff should be destroying teams that are 'nothing but a bunch of Billericay Dickies'. He obviously doesn't know cardiff too well...Roots Hall looks like the Bernebau compared to that sh!thole.
mad.gif

Sounds plesent then RS, hope you told them the shirt you were wearing just beat the scum that is Cardiff?
biggrin.gif
 UP THE Micky Mouse club
tounge.gif

I take it you got your mouth broken then, Reading, as I am sure no TRUE FAN would take off the Sacred Shirt of Shrimperdom, however intimidated?

suspect.gif
oops.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

I didnt encounter any problems, but did see someone hootin their horn at the person in front, while they were in a queue. Maybe they don't understand the concept of a queue!

Our coach ( The Berry Bullet ) was pelted with eggs at the second set of lights by some chavs. Great result, free beer and free pies after the game and three points as well.
Great singing from the faithful,
" You should have built a wall than a Bridge" Classic.

Our happy trippers car was similarly met with objects thrown at us at the end of the road about 5 minutes from the ground, a little more solid than eggs too. My travelling compadres, however, have a little less of a fuse than others and, as a result, made their way from the car and showed the error of a couple of locals their ways.

I thought Rockport was well out of fashion for the wannabe hoolies. One lad's attire was without a sleeve as well by the time our travelling party had returned to our vehicle too. Though, to be fair, he had gained a fair amount of humiliation.

Sometimes 2 wrongs DO make a right .....
suspect.gif

Didn't have any problems walking to or from the ground (to the city centre), although the area around Ninian Park is a complete sh!thole.

i travelled from the town in cardiff on the bus and the driver said they dont give change (only had a tenner) so he let us on for free nice bloke. all tha ccfc fans i met on the way there and back seemed nice enough some even praised up our players. but their stadium is a dump along with most of cardiff.

No problems at all, in fact whilst walkin around looking for a pub a Cardiff fan pulled over in his car and took us all to this pub. It was quiet, quality beer and then he dropped us off near the ground.

Top man!

Have to say that myself & the 2 I went with had an extremely pleasant experience on this trip to Ninian Park, especially as the last time we went we had rocks chucked at our coach.

This time we went by train & had a few beers around the city centre without any problems whatsoever. Then got a cab to the ground & walked a short distance to the away end again without any trouble.

Inside the ground the stewards were very friendly, laughing & joking with us during the game.

Towards the end of the match the barmaid came around the terrace announcing there was FREE BEER on offer as they needed to get rid of it due to not having another home game for 3 weeks. We had 2 pints each.

Then, on the way out, they were giving out FREE PIES!

Outside the ground, a Cardiff fan came over & congratulated us on the win then invited us to his local. We were made very welcome (the only SUFC fans in a boozer full of Cardiff & it wasn't a "family pub" if you know what I mean) & spent an hour or so drinking & chatting with them before phone numbers were exchanged (in case we end up playing them in the cup) & they called us a cab to get back to the station for our train.

So, I have to say, "Thank You Cardiff for a great day out".

Every club has its chavs and Cardiff does have a larger reputation than most but I had a lot of fun, stayed in town overnight and cracked on to some local girls down on the Bay, need I say more two great results in one day, top weekend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ Jan. 15 2007,09:52)]Have to say that myself & the 2 I went with had an extremely pleasant experience on this trip to Ninian Park, especially as the last time we went we had rocks chucked at our coach.

This time we went by train & had a few beers around the city centre without any problems whatsoever. Then got a cab to the ground & walked a short distance to the away end again without any trouble.

Inside the ground the stewards were very friendly, laughing & joking with us during the game.

Towards the end of the match the barmaid came around the terrace announcing there was FREE BEER on offer as they needed to get rid of it due to not having another home game for 3 weeks. We had 2 pints each.

Then, on the way out, they were giving out FREE PIES!

Outside the ground, a Cardiff fan came over & congratulated us on the win then invited us to his local. We were made very welcome (the only SUFC fans in a boozer full of Cardiff & it wasn't a "family pub" if you know what I mean) & spent an hour or so drinking & chatting with them before phone numbers were exchanged (in case we end up playing them in the cup) & they called us a cab to get back to the station for our train.

So, I have to say, "Thank You Cardiff for a great day out".
Bloody hell, sounds like a 'If Carlsberg arranged away trips advert'. Are you sure someone didn't slip you some acid?

No trace of problems in Cardiff, our only difficulties were with the trains, which were severely delayed both ways - the way home was particularly nightmarish with three changes between Cardiff and London due to various ****-ups.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mattytheshrimper @ Jan. 15 2007,15:34)]if we do beat barnsley tomorrow and go through, i would much rather go the yids again than go to cardiff. h8 it there
"h8"?!

Don't tell me text talk is starting to come back to the forum?!

down.gif

2 of us met up with Cardiff supporter in the City Centre who we shared a cab with to the ground. They took us right up to the away supporters section. Walked back to the City Centre after the game, no problems although some Cardiff were unhappy that they lost (understandable). Chavs could be a nuisance but they are best ignored if possible. Full credit to the Southend supporters who were quick witted in some of their songs, always had a quick and better response to the Cardiff songs, seemed to confuse the Chavs
laugh.gif
Stayed in the City overnight and people were very friendly, no problems.

Back