• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know you like a little punt every now and again Barna so i bet you 10 smackers that Espanyol fail to reach the final .. winnings to the zone??

Octavos de final

Córdoba-Espanyol
Mirandés-Racing

Real Sociedad–Mallorca
Albacete-Athletic

R. Madrid-Málaga
FC Barcelona-CA Osasuna

Valencia-Sevilla
Alcorcón-Levante

Espanyol look a good bet to reach the final of the Copa del Rei on the basis of this draw.Assuming they beat Córdoba they'd play Racing in the last 8 and the winners of the next group of 4 in the SF.

That draw has certainly panned out nicely for Espanyol, especially with the 'big two' in the other half. Makes Betis' away goals exit to Cordoba all the more frustrating.

Congratulations, a 1-1 draw at home. You must be ecstatic.

Thank you:thumbsup:(I'll ignore any possible irony in your post).:winking:It certainly felt like a win with an equalising goal in the 85th minute.
Remember that Espanyol have by far the youngest squad in the Liga.As one of the banners put it:"You(meaning Barca)have the millions.We have the balls." That about sums it up for me.:happy:

Thank you:thumbsup:(I'll ignore any possible irony in your post).:winking:It certainly felt like a win with an equalising goal in the 85th minute.
Remember that Espanyol have by far the youngest squad in the Liga.As one of the banners put it:"You(meaning Barca)have the millions.We have the balls." That about sums it up for me.:happy:

A good result for Espanyol; well played. Although how Barça didn't score in injury time I'll never know.

I fear the backlash next weekend when Betis travel to the Camp Nou. I've been saving a very nice bottle of Muga and next Sunday night seems an appropriate time to have it. If I'm going to see us get humped, I may as well be enjoying something

Still, a home win for us last night, so I'm happy.

Can't be arsed to read the gumpf but i wonder if there's any reference to the monkey chants coming from the stands everytime Dani Alves got the ball ... how very 80s :stunned:

Can't be arsed to read the gumpf but i wonder if there's any reference to the monkey chants coming from the stands everytime Dani Alves got the ball ... how very 80s :stunned:

I did have to dig around a bit to find this article on marca.com (a very pro-Real Madrid paper). You don't have to be fluent in Spanish to see they've not given it much coverage

http://www.marca.com/2012/01/08/fut...8f01ec30f0dc07096080660bcbf87c8e&t=1326124169

One reason it probably didn't get much coverage is that there were actually very few people doing it(and nobody near me).It was mainly coming from the areas behind the goals.Alves has a bit of previous at Cornella.He was sent off in the derby game two seasons ago for a couple of bad fouls.Not that that condones the monkey chants in any way.:nope:

And again tonight. Jesus. Bet the streams of fans who left at 0-2 feel foolish now!

And again tonight. Jesus. Bet the streams of fans who left at 0-2 feel foolish now!

You're very well informed,sir.:Worthy:A lot near me did and they missed Espanyol's 3 goals in the last 4 minutes to win the game.If Mirandés win 1-0 next week, it's all over of course but...good as they were, they really caved in under pressure,just like Cordoba and Celta before them.:happy:

Bah ... i don't get the fuss about Spanish football to be honest

Only one game worth watching tonight and thats Wrexham v Brighton

PROPER FOOTBALL !!!! :heading:

Bah ... i don't get the fuss about Spanish football to be honest

Only one game worth watching tonight and thats Wrexham v Brighton

PROPER FOOTBALL !!!! :heading:

Brilliant brilliant cup tie, 1-1 after extra time so its going to spot kicks

There's so much to be jealous about when it comes to Gerard Piqué, but I just fancy him a bit

Also, Altintop's chops are a thing of beauty!

Back