• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bah ... i don't get the fuss about Spanish football to be honest

Only one game worth watching tonight and thats Wrexham v Brighton

PROPER FOOTBALL !!!! :heading:

I would've thought most of the fuss was down to Murdoch TV and the Champions League.In my case it's needing to get a fix of live football.I could have watched the Wolves/Brum cup tie on the box last night,
but chose not to,(despite living in Brum for 3 years as a student and seeing them in action often, in the days when Francis and Latchford made them special).

Amazing result and game.That's what makes football such a wonderful sport to watch.I thought Espanyol were certs for the SF's until the 93rd minute.:stunned:
(ps Cricko will no doubt confirm-when he wakes up-that the tenner has been paid to SZ):whistling:.

Its Ken that looks after the paypal stuff Phil, but well played on coughing up your dues so promptly :thumbsup:

Sid Lowe was right. http://gu.com/p/359ma .Nobobody appears to want the 4th Champions league slot in La Liga.That includes Espanyol, after their embarrasing 0-2 home defeat against bottom club Zaragosa in the "breakfast"(ie 12 am)KO today.

And Athletic, who lost to Betis for the second time this season :thumbsup:

Very fine win for my boys last night.

And Athletic, who lost to Betis for the second time this season :thumbsup:

Very fine win for my boys last night.

Ironically,(so I'm told),if Levante had lost 4-0 last night away at Real Madrid rather than the 4-2,which they did,Espanyol would have gone above them into 4th place, on goal difference.:sad:

Ironically,(so I'm told),if Levante had lost 4-0 last night away at Real Madrid rather than the 4-2,which they did,Espanyol would have gone above them into 4th place, on goal difference.:sad:

I'd be more concerned about being 4th after the final game, not halfway through February :winking:

Barnas lot were 4 up at half time today .. currently 5-1 with 15 left, doubtless he'll be on later salivating about it :smile:

Barnas lot were 4 up at half time today .. currently 5-1 with 15 left, doubtless he'll be on later salivating about it :smile:

It was a great game.The January newboys,Ulche and Coutinho were outstanding.With 3 games to play next week-2 of them at home-we'll find out whether Espanyol can force themselves back into the top 6(or not).:unsure:

It's seemed to me for a while now that Barça and Real Madrid,apart from being the best two teams in La Liga, are also the best two teams in the Champions League,at the minute.I expect RM to clinch their place in the next round tonight.If the draw keeps them apart,I suspect they could well be facing each other in the final too.

I wouldn't discount Bayern Munich from contesting the final as well, admittedly Basel were pretty weak last night but they can certainly score some goals when they want to with Ribery, Robben and Gomez in the side. Great stat I heard last night about Gomez, he has something like 10 hatricks in the last 17 months and 13 in total in his career in the Bundesliga, not bad for a 26 year old.

I wouldn't discount Bayern Munich from contesting the final as well, admittedly Basel were pretty weak last night but they can certainly score some goals when they want to with Ribery, Robben and Gomez in the side. Great stat I heard last night about Gomez, he has something like 10 hatricks in the last 17 months and 13 in total in his career in the Bundesliga, not bad for a 26 year old.

Yeah you're right.They could go all the way but I'd expect Barça to beat them in the final.:sad:

Wouldn't bet against Athletic Bilbao winning the UEFA competition this year after Sir Alec's ringing endorsement and their performances against MU over the two legs.:winking:

Wouldn't bet against Athletic Bilbao winning the UEFA competition this year after Sir Alec's ringing endorsement and their performances against MU over the two legs.:winking:

I saw the match last night and was most impressed with Bilbao, it looked a strong United line up but they chased shadows for most of the game

Back