• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't forget Pep's got a good chance of adding another Copa del Rey to that list when Barça play Mallorca in May(his last game in charge).

Very true. Although I'll be hoping Athletic can win the old trophy for the first time since the 1980s.

Villarreal, who competed in the Champions League this season, just got relegated. Wow. They conceded late on, and Rayo Vallecano scored a stoppage-time winner to stay up. Happy for them, great club.

However, the goings on at Getafe tonight, and Zaragoza's form in the last two months causes me to doubt the integrity of La Liga. Their survival seems very corrupt.

It must've been a GREAT push as i see they finished only 5 points above the relegation zone :smile:

Yeah time wounds all heals and all that.The "hinchas"(and the rest of the 16,000+ fans at last night's game were not amused).On current form Espanyol must be early favourites to follow Deportivo and Villarreal into La Segunda next season.:sad:

Pep Guardiola

Here's a small scoop for SZ.It's well known that Pep's off for a sabbatical next year but nobody's known where until now.

He won't be taking over at Liverpool or Chelsea as rumoured in the GB press.In fact he's off to the USA for a year.

This hasn't broken in the Catalan or Spanish media yet(could be they're holding back the news until after tomorrow's Copa del Rei Final).

Earlier this week,he popped into the French Lycee in Barcelona(LFB),where my wife works and where his kids go to school.He spoke to the school secretary there about the procedure involved in getting his kids into a French Lycee in the States(to my knowledge there are Lycees in NY and Washington).

Who knows,maybe he's also planning a year out to improve his English and work in the Prem.after that? :unsure:

Keep an eye for Segunda División play off semi final, as AD Alcorcón agasint Hercules (first leg 1-1, 2nd Leg on Sunday 10th at 9pm), not long time ago AD was in 4th Division and their stadium hold 3'000, its like Barnet FC making a jump from League 2 to Championship play off in space of 4 season. Just image AD Alcorcon Vs Real Madrid in a Madrid derby next year in La Liga :P

You'll do well to find any mention of it in the English papers today but Espanyol won their first match of the season yesterday,3-2 at home to Rayo,and are now off the bottom of La Liga.:happy:

Last edited:
probably overshadowed in the English press, as any mention of La Liga this week seems to be focused on Depotivo 4 - 5 Barca

When are they going to sort out these scheduling ****-ups?

Once again, one live game on Sunday (Real Sociedad v Atleti) stared before another (Osasuna v Betis) had finished. Surely it can't be beyond the wit of the LFP to schedule games so they don't overrun?

Betis flying high in fifth right now. I'd bite both your hands off if offered that at the end of the season.

Back