• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And that was Quique’s last game as Espanyol manager as he’s been sacked today.

Rather bad tempered Clasico yesterday, alongside Espanyol of all teams putting an end to Atletico’s 12 game run without conceding at home to inflict the first league defeat at the Wanda Metropolitano.

Let’s not mention Betis this weekend though.

Good win for Sevilla beating Real Madrid last night. Sets up the derby nicely for Saturday.

Looks like Espanyol might be appointing Asier Garitano, would be a top appointment I think.

Leganes been linked with Guti as his replacement, chalk and cheese.

Zidane walks from Real Madrid... Wonder who will take over? Probably too soon for Raul or Guti, Pochettino may not want to having just signed a new deal at Spurs, Allegri the same, Wenger or Conte?

Also quite tempted to get a season ticket for Leganes at €110.

Zidane walks from Real Madrid... Wonder who will take over? Probably too soon for Raul or Guti, Pochettino may not want to having just signed a new deal at Spurs, Allegri the same, Wenger or Conte?

Also quite tempted to get a season ticket for Leganes at €110.

Yeah saw that on the lunchtime news.Zidane's always been a class act (even when head butting Italian defenders).:winking:

Not tempted by Rayo Vallecano? A former colleague once compared them to us (context-ahem- back in the 90's).

Yeah saw that on the lunchtime news.Zidane's always been a class act (even when head butting Italian defenders).:winking:

Not tempted by Rayo Vallecano? A former colleague once compared them to us (context-ahem- back in the 90's).
Very. Getafe less so but worth a visit, add in Real, Atletico as well plus all the Segunda teams and there’s a never ending supply of football in Madrid!

Totally agree and he's very much his own man as well, from what has been said it wouldn't surprise me if he's just taking some time out and he won't be going anywhere else.

Think it is also very clear that both himself and Perez can see him returning in the future. A couple of seasons out and come back reinvigorated maybe?

Very. Getafe less so but worth a visit, add in Real, Atletico as well plus all the Segunda teams and there’s a never ending supply of football in Madrid!

A while ago now, but I saw a Rayo-Betis game at Vallecas and it was jumping. Getafe? Went there for a 'derby' with Atleti and it was totally devoid of atmosphere.

Alcorcón was good fun; lucky enough to see a penalty shoot-out when I went there.

A while ago now, but I saw a Rayo-Betis game at Vallecas and it was jumping. Getafe? Went there for a 'derby' with Atleti and it was totally devoid of atmosphere.

Alcorcón was good fun; lucky enough to see a penalty shoot-out when I went there.
To be fair to Getafe they’ve had a much better atmosphere and much better attendances since they came back up last season, could easily change if results do though as their style of play is hardly a joy to behold. Rayo certainly seem to have the best atmosphere in the capital though.

To be fair to Getafe they’ve had a much better atmosphere and much better attendances since they came back up last season, could easily change if results do though as their style of play is hardly a joy to behold. Rayo certainly seem to have the best atmosphere in the capital though.

And in the interests of fairness I should add that the Vallecas game was a scorching hot Sunday morning while the game at Getafe was a freezing cold February night!

Some team Atleti had in that game though. De Gea, Godín, Aguero, Forlán...

Back