• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want Bury who ever gets Bury gets a bye to the next round, the only way will get to round 2.

The lucky winners of the similar bye in the FA Youth Cup were, ironically, Bolton Wanderers.

(We're playing Cambridge United at home)

Every year I want a non league team away and it ends up a Northern team non event of a game, like those others have mentioned. This year i'd take Scunthorpe or anyone like that away as on current form we are there for the taking for anyone wanting a giant killing. I was at Aylesbury, Scarboro and others its not nice and things are bad enough this season already, i'd just like us to go out un-noticed.

It’ll be an away game, against another League One team, who’s stiffs will roll us over comfortably.

MK dons or Cov

Maldon and Tiptree would be good as I know a few of the lads there. They have made a tremendous start to the season, 100% winning record so far, someone seems to get a hattrick every game. The Chairman was centre back and captain of my sunday team (Priory Sports)when I 1st joined, the main scout/recruiter is a good friend also from Priory Sports. One of the centre backs is from Priory Sports and they let Priory Sports use their ground for our FA Sunday Cup matches. Would love to see them get a good draw if they beat Royston at the weekend. I'd also hope they might get a TV spot as I'm pretty sure they'll be a contender for the lowest team in the football pyramid to make the 1st round.

Exactly what we don't need right now. Mind you its usually only one game for us, so no big deal I suppose. Just praying we don't draw a real minnow, as that could be very embarrassing indeed, possibly in front of the cameras.

Exactly what we don't need right now. Mind you its usually only one game for us, so no big deal I suppose. Just praying we don't draw a real minnow, as that could be very embarrassing indeed, possibly in front of the cameras.

I keep on going back to the 2003 season but the parallels keep coming. We were terrible then (like Drewe up front terrible) and were drawn against Canvey. The need to avoid local humiliation may have been what turned that season - and our history - around.

I keep on going back to the 2003 season but the parallels keep coming. We were terrible then (like Drewe up front terrible) and were drawn against Canvey. The need to avoid local humiliation may have been what turned that season - and our history - around.

Blimey, it's not that bad!

Blimey, it's not that bad!

Drewe, whilst not the greatest player to have ever worn a Southend United shirt (and white boots in a cup final), always gave 100% commitment to the Club, is a thoroughly good guy and still keeps an eye on our results.

What I wouldn’t give for a few players like that at the Club as opposed to the **** takers we currently have...

Last edited:
I still haven't recovered from Yeovil away recently when Nile Ranger got some stick from our fans for one of his lack-lustre displays. If i remember a novice ref Craig Hicks? gave them a soft penalty to win the game.

Bower & Pitsea, Maldon & Tiptree and Billericay Town would fancies their chances against us!

I still haven't recovered from Yeovil away recently when Nile Ranger got some stick from our fans for one of his lack-lustre displays. If i remember a novice ref Craig Hicks? gave them a soft penalty to win the game.

Then he disallowed a perfectly good equaliser after the keeper spilled it.
After the match on the station platform several of our players were running for the same train and Timlin reacted badly to a witty comment by a well travelled Shrimper.

Well done to Maldon and Tiptree on getting through to 1st round.Great for the club and hope they get a good draw on Monday evening

Well done to Maldon and Tiptree on getting through to 1st round.Great for the club and hope they get a good draw on Monday evening
Massive for the club, can’t wait for draw now, Billericay managed a draw as there keeper scored a header from a free kick, can they win the replay eh.

Back