• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know mate but we either support them or we don't. Don't really understand the glory hunters who are only interested in going to games when we are winning likewise I really don't understand the armchair lads either (for any team).
You can't beat being at a game for the atmosphere and staying away only strips money from the clubs and makes matters worse. There's more to supporting a team than just watching.
(not a dig at anyone specific, just how I feel about it).
Personally I pick and choose games these days. Ok maybe not the perfect supporter but I was all set to go when it was a Saturday kick off. Sunday is a pain .. and to be fair, I’ve been to a fair few games this season and parted with my hard earned cash. I used to think the same but there’s other priorities sometimes.

. I used to think the same but there’s other priorities sometimes.

Especially at my age!. Back in the 70's the FA Cup was still special. As a youngster/ teenager went to Swindon & Mansfield in 69, Bournemouth in 71, Peterborough in 73, AP Leamington & Ilford in 74, Derby in Feb 76 & 14 of us went to Exeter in Nov 76 in a mini Bus. Left The Elms at 11pm on Fri night & got home 7am sunday morning!.
Literally haven't got that amount of spare time these days at the weekend ( & to be honest the same enthusiasm ) to go to cup away games.
Just glad i was around at the time, when FA Cup games had decent crowds, & experienced the excitement & atmosphere of what the competition was back then.

But in this instance it isn't.

We are getting paid 75k by BT and a further 36k if we win.

Can't speak for others but I have a season card and have missed several games. I've paid so if I stay away or miss games the club don't lose.

That said I get your point but even when doing Well I can't say our fans are glory hunters. We have had little in the way of glory.

Agree mate. It's not good times to be a blues fan is it. Emotions running all over the shop we all need to stick together. It's our club, the players can (and hopefully will) move on, whereas we are in it for the long haul.

Back