• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup Round One.

I don't want a away draw at League 1 or League 2 side, there is an chance of us going out early. I want anyone at home in 1st & 2nd round to give us an chance of a big draw in 3rd round, any away game Vs non-league side will do for me.

Aylesbury didnt make it through this year ORM
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Oct. 27 2004,13:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 27 2004,12:56)]I, too, have never heard of the FA Cup's early rounds (proper) being regionalised.

rock.gif
The first and second rounds were definitely regionalised up until a few years ago - I'd guess at 5.  If you look at the records from the 70s, 80s and 90s you'll see that we always played teams in the south or midlands.
Thank you. It wasn't just me imagining it. Also the qualifying rounds are definitely regionalised.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 27 2004,13:52)]Liversedge FC are members of the Northern Counties East Premier League based in Yorkshire somewhere!!...their ground holds around 2000 so probably would be switched IF we drew them.

Coalville Town are members of the Leicestershire Senior Football league based in Leicestershire obviously!... their ground only holds 1000 so i think IF we did draw them, we can safely say it would be switched to RH!!.

Imagine if we do draw either of those!!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Shotgun Coalville away. It's about five mins from Lufbra!

Liversedge away would certainly do me, not much chance for games up in Yorkshire this season now Hull and Huddersfield have gone.

A home draw would be nice, we are playing well at home at the moment so would have a good chance of progressing.

Either that or a non-league team away!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 27 2004,16:24)]Are Aylesbury still in the competition ? They'll be a walkover, just like they were last time.
** shudder **

Don't fecking remind me ...

WS

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 27 2004,18:07)]Shotgun Coalville away.  It's about five mins from Lufbra!
What are you studying at Lufbra - I did a Sandwich course in Engineering back in the late 70's.

And believe it or not played footie for an outfit called Shepshed Athletic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 28 2004,09:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 27 2004,18:07)]Shotgun Coalville away.  It's about five mins from Lufbra!
What are you studying at Lufbra - I did a Sandwich course in Engineering back in the late 70's.
how to build a sandwich?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Oct. 27 2004,23:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Oct. 27 2004,16:24)]Are Aylesbury still in the competition ? They'll be a walkover, just like they were last time.
** shudder **

Don't fecking remind me ...

WS

sad.gif
At least they served up a nice bit of grub, which was reasonably priced
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 28 2004,10:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
how to build a sandwich?

biggrin.gif
That's the one
biggrin.gif

And you can tell I learnt well
tounge.gif

Me personally I want the worst team we can play in rd 1 followed by the worst in Rd 2. So we can draw Chelsea again at home, instead of missing out like we did last year because useless Broughton missed a sitter at home against Scarborough which would have seen us 2-0 up and home a dry.
Not that I'm bitter or anything!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Oct. 28 2004,10:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 28 2004,10:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
how to build a sandwich?

biggrin.gif
That's the one  
biggrin.gif

And you can tell I learnt well  
tounge.gif
Well, unlike the stereotype, I'm doing neither sports science or engineering.

I'm an accountant in the making.

Back