• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is he working for? local bbc?.. If not, I cant imagine he is getting paid that much for it in relation to his wages.

The magic of the cup etc... Im gutted for Altrincham, I thought they earned a replay to be fair, and it could have worked in our favour if they got it, with Col U having a congested fixture list before our boxing day match.
However, what a performance the Brighton Whitehawks put in against Dag & Red... it was a typically traditional feisty FA cup tie with both teams backs against the wall at times, and a last gasp equalising goal to earn a replay.

If we had beaten Scunny and then Orient we would be facing Chelsea away and probably beaten them on their current form.

If we had beaten Scunny and then Orient we would be facing Chelsea away and probably beaten them on their current form.

We'd have had a different number, so sadly that doesn't work.

What With Peterborough's advancement in the FA Cup, their planned match V Burton On Saturday 9th January has now been postponed due to Peterborough's FA game with Preston.

I do hope that the game is re-scheduled for Tuesday 12th January (before we play them on Saturday 16th January), reasons given being:
We would hopefully have a small advantage of the additional days rest over them or possibilities of them picking up injuries or bookings etc which could effect their team choice when they face us.
OR
Put us on level footing so to speak, should we beat Millwall tonight and progress in the JPT, as the date for the 1st leg of the area final is week commencing the 11th (so the fixture will most likely to also be played on Tuesday 12th January).

Chelsea getting a home draw against a lower league club what a surprise, seems to happen every year in the 3rd round!

I suppose the pick if the ties Exeter v Liverpool and Everton v Daggers or Whitehawk.

FA Cup 2015

Conference south side Whitehawk FC currently beating Daggers 1-0 live on BT sport 2 now. The winner of this game will travel to Goodison Park to play Everton in the next round. The team who goes through tonight can potentially make a million from this!

Also, Ex Shrimper Dave Martin playing for Whitehawk tonight.

Last minute equaliser again for Whitehawk to make it 2-2, but Daggers are winning in extra-time at the moment.

I watched the Whitehawk/ Dagenham match on TV and was amazed at Whitehawks ground. I went there about 15 years ago and the it was little more than a pitch with dressing rooms and clubhouse, it was in the Sussex Senior League and watched by about 25 on a very cold midweek evening.

I understand that they taken some of the portable terraces from Withdean since Brighton moved out, just to name drop I went to the Withdean before Brighton moved in aswell.

It was an excellent game, typical of a classic Fa Cup affair where the minnows get to play the mighty on their own (soggy) soil. Must admit, I felt a tad sorry for them at the final whistle, I think they should have edged a win, but hey ho, they now have a return trip to Anfield, which is also a late "Christmas Bonus" for not only the team players to experience, but for the chairman's wallet as well.

It was an excellent game, typical of a classic Fa Cup affair where the minnows get to play the mighty on their own (soggy) soil. Must admit, I felt a tad sorry for them at the final whistle, I think they should have edged a win, but hey ho, they now have a return trip to Anfield, which is also a late "Christmas Bonus" for not only the team players to experience, but for the chairman's wallet as well.

They will make shed loads from that. Cambridge, last year, made just about a Million from there replay tie at old Trafford. (Hence there heavy spending in the summer)

Back