• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was an excellent game, typical of a classic Fa Cup affair where the minnows get to play the mighty on their own (soggy) soil. Must admit, I felt a tad sorry for them at the final whistle, I think they should have edged a win, but hey ho, they now have a return trip to Anfield, which is also a late "Christmas Bonus" for not only the team players to experience, but for the chairman's wallet as well.

I watched bits of it and also thought it was an ok game. However, spare a thought for the Liverpool fans who had to travel almost the entire length of the country on a Friday night purely because the BBC wanted to show Liverpool and up their ratings.

And this comes back to why I only watched bits of it: Liverpool played their kids. For me that ruined the spectacle, if not the match itself. I wonder how many others saw the team Liverpool put out and turned over?

I watched bits of it and also thought it was an ok game. However, spare a thought for the Liverpool fans who had to travel almost the entire length of the country on a Friday night purely because the BBC wanted to show Liverpool and up their ratings.

And this comes back to why I only watched bits of it: Liverpool played their kids. For me that ruined the spectacle, if not the match itself. I wonder how many others saw the team Liverpool put out and turned over?

To be fair to klopp, he didn't have a huge amount of choice. Liverpool have got a whole team out injured at the moment and have a lot of games coming up so he obviously didn't want to risk anymore first team players. Saying that I was baffled why he bothered to take Lallana and not chuck him on when they were losing.

Particularly when you consider that Exeter charged the away support £38 each.

I wonder how many Liverpool fans will show at Anfield given that Klopp has said that he may field the same team for the replay ? May not be quite the moneyspinner Exeter were hoping for.
Iirc our replay at Liverpool was not a massive crowd .

edit 37797

Particularly when you consider that Exeter charged the away support £38 each.

38 quid to watch Liverpool reserves is out of order.

The cup needs a new rule which is at least 5 of those players selected MUST play in the next league game.

That was a bad Fa Cup draw in terms of the small clubs getting a dream ticket away to one of the big Premier league clubs, it couldnt really have been any worse.

God only knows what Spurs or Leicester are going to have to do to get a ticket at the Community Stadium :smile:

My pick of the draw would be IF Portsmouth can beat Ispwich, they get a home draw with Bournemouth. I would think that South coast derby would be a good atmosphere, considering their locality, fan base and the premiership V Division 2 difference.

That was a bad Fa Cup draw in terms of the small clubs getting a dream ticket away to one of the big Premier league clubs, it couldnt really have been any worse.

God only knows what Spurs or Leicester are going to have to do to get a ticket at the Community Stadium :smile:

My pick of the draw would be IF Portsmouth can beat Ispwich, they get a home draw with Bournemouth. I would think that South coast derby would be a good atmosphere, considering their locality, fan base and the premiership V Division 2 difference.

So strange to think it's Bournemouth in the PL and Pompey in League 2. Rolls reversed from just a few years ago. Football is a crazy game! And Oxford beating Swansea is nowadays a major scalp!

Well thats Col Utd done with their cup run (lost 4-1), think they picked up a few injuries also.

Pretty boring draw really, felt sorry for the Shrews getting a home draw against Man Utd (as apose to a money spinner at old trafford).

Peterborough stand a half chance of progressing at mid table Championship Reading, if they can pull off a surprise win at West Brom.

Pick of the round though for me is Chelsea V Man City. Great for the magic of the FA Cup to know that one of them wont make it through to the following round. Another possible close match is Bournemouth V Everton.

Whats your pick of the draw?

Grumpy Blue, .... by any chance.. have you ever posted in the thread "whats making you happy today" ??.... You should, im guessing it's gonna be a real riveting read!

Back