• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Family Roots

Is the missus a cross breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benji91

American Idol
So the other night i was talking to the missus and abusing the Jocko's for being useless at pretty much everything, when she told me to shut up as she is half scottish (her dad is a jocko). I argued that as she was born in Rochford she is English and should count herself lucky, but she would let it rest.
I came to work and a 3rd option came up in the discussion that she is 1/4 scottish as she is half where she was born, and then a 1/4 from her mum and a 1/4 from her dad.

I need the help of shrimperzone because if she is a jocko im binning her......

That's not on to be honest. Why would it matter anyway?

If I were you, I'd tell her the story that Scots are in no way tight like people make them out to be and always get the first round in, no matter how big it is or if there's people there they don't know. Then that way, you're always due a drink whenever you get in the pub!

Last edited:
Where you're born is fairly irrelevant. I was born in Canada and lived there until I was 5; but both my parents are English (well, as English as most of us are - i.e. mongrels, in truth) and I've lived in England for more than half my life in total.

I consider myself to be 99% British and 1% Canadian, to be honest...

Matt

Where you're born is fairly irrelevant. I was born in Canada and lived there until I was 5; but both my parents are English (well, as English as most of us are - i.e. mongrels, in truth) and I've lived in England for more than half my life in total.

Matt

sorry mate you're canadian! :p

my grandad is scottish born and bred so i reckon i'm quarter scottish

Matt

I always considered you 5% Brazilian as well

I would say its all about your family rather than where you were born. I am english, but my grandfather is Greek, and so I am a 1/4 Greek, and very proud of it too!!

Mrs Shrimper2thecore is in a very similar, as her dad is welsh, mum is english, but was born and raised in england, and classes herself 1/2 welsh, 1/2 english, and fair play to that!!

So in answer to your question mate, she is half and half!!

Its good to be proud of your heritage

Quite boringly I seem to be 100% English (though my mum's ancestors come quite scarily from North Essex).

Oh to dig up a scandal where my great-great-great granny had a fling with an Indian prince or an escaped slave from deepest Africa :(

I reckon she is a whatever she chooses to call herself but I have voted for 1/4 Scottish for reasons I am not prepared to discuss.

my immediate family are all English as far as I'm aware, although i'd like to know how we got Molyneux as our surname. Whether the Frogs are my family line or whether some guy called Bob Craptank or something decided one day he'd had enough of having a crap name and changed it to something better!

everyone English, my grandmother has Irish roots, but pretty much that's that

However, in my geneaology, one distant ancestor was captain of a ship of slaves out of Liverpool, and another had to flee to America after he killed a man in a boxing ring

my immediate family are all English as far as I'm aware, although i'd like to know how we got Molyneux as our surname. Whether the Frogs are my family line or whether some guy called Bob Craptank or something decided one day he'd had enough of having a crap name and changed it to something better!

Our conversation at work yesterday disappeared down this kind of line - how far back do you go before you lose some of the identity -as im sure no-one would consider themselves 1/64th belgian thanks to Great Great Great Great Granny TinTin

everyone English, my grandmother has Irish roots, but pretty much that's that

However, in my geneaology, one distant ancestor was captain of a ship of slaves out of Liverpool, and another had to flee to America after he killed a man in a boxing ring

You see - interesting.

My family - dull farmers from bloody Paglesham who seemingly married girls in the adjoining village who's most interesting fact was that they once had a tiff over a moderately glamorous sheep.

My dad's is a tad more interesting: My grandfather's brother was killed in WWI and my grandad married her to take care of the 10 (yes 10!) kids and then had 3 more kids (my dad as the last).
It amazes me that my grandmother was born in 1881 and would have been old enough to be my ex's grandmother grandmother (if that makes any sense).

Last edited:
My dad was born in 1925 so... 44

My dad was 47 when I was born.

We know she had 15 kids (13 that lived) and a set of twins died at birth but my mum is certain there were more that died either young or stillborn.

Back