• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Famous musicians and their offspring...

pickledseal

cowboy
I got tweeted a link to Evan James' myspace yesterday. He's the son of a big hero of mine, Bruce Springsteen.

Have a listen here: http://www.myspace.com/evanjamesmusictime

I tried to be objective, and tried to image what I would think if I didn't know he was Springsteen's son. Not easy.

It made me think about being the son/daughter of a musician and the expectations but also the easy rides...

I really liked Evan's two tracks, not enough for a career just yet and quite different to his old man's stuff, yet I'm not sure if we'll hear more or if it is just a little uni fun borrowing daddy's guitar.

I then started thinking about people like Jakob Dylan, Jullian Lennon etc... as their dad's were legends it was actually a pretty tough gig for them!

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Seasick Steve's son Paul supported him when I went to Brixton, he was ok. Nowt special.

Louden Wainwright & Rufus and Martha.

Just found this, a Top 10 Albums By Children Of Famous Musicians.

mentions Norah Jones - daughter of Ravi Shankar (never knew that!), Charlotte Gainsbourg, Nancy Sinatra, Nas (son of jazz musician Olu Dara) and the I-don't-know-how-i-forgot Jeff Buckley, amongst others.

Wynton Marsalis is the son of jazz musician Ellis Marsalis, Jr. (pianist), and brother to Branford (saxophonist) (and once leader of Buckshot Lefonque), Delfeayo (trombonist), Mboya, and Jason (drummer).

Finley Quaye is the son of jazz musician, Cab Kaye, the half-brother of guitarist Caleb Quaye, and brother of jazz musician, Terri Quaye.

Neneh Cherry - daughter of jazz trumpeter Don Cherry. I don't know how good Mr Cherry was, but Neneh wasn't bad in her day (which was over 20 years ago - gulp)

Neneh Cherry - daughter of jazz trumpeter Don Cherry. I don't know how good Mr Cherry was, but Neneh wasn't bad in her day (which was over 20 years ago - gulp)

Doing a big disservice to Eagle Eye there...

3GPS was inspired by third generation pop stars.

Back