• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bryan Gunn was in the bar at Macclesfield earlier this season

The obligatory mention of Alf

I used to attend a lot of games ,when I was younger, with Russell Crowe

Jimmy Greaves (watching his son)
Bobby Moore (watching his team lose again)

Sir Chris Powell was spotted many times in the East Stand watching the Blues long after he was transferred. It begs the question how many players ever transferred came back to watch us.
Judas Fry was spotted in the East Stand only a few months after walking out on us.

Dale Winton picking up the keys to a second hand N reg BMW @ Nova car sales after we had drawn with Bury 7 years ago

Les Dennis cleaning his golf clubs at a spare in Lemington, whilst we were on a detour after loosing to Exeter about 4 years ago

Christine Agrulero Rotherham away this year, she was playing the new HMV that was opening in Sheffield that Saturday Morning

Seve Ballasteros Scunthorpe away whilst we were in the championship he was great friends with Brian Laws (who had been sacked by then, but he had grown in love iwth the scunthorp area)

Bernard Manning shouting abuse at anyone who didnt have blue eyes and blond hair,outside the site of the then Blue Bore about 15 year ago, he had been performing at the cliffs, but had rumoured to have stayed in SOuthend for a few more days, as he felt he hadnt given the local ethnics enough of his medicine

Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Juniour in the South bank bottom tear against middlesborough (the match when the top tier hadnt opened) they were friends with Mark hone who had got them tickets to see ravenelli, they left disapointed finding out that ravanelli was signed the following season after there promotion

Lisa Goddard and Lionel Blair in the red lion at Barnet, on asking why the said they saw such a mellay on there way from St Albans to Drury Lane that they had to stop of for a ...................... I said a what they said for a .........., I said your gonna have to give us a clue

and lastly Lady Di (god rest her sole) Bradford away at the old ground before the fire, she was making a documentary for Landmine's on the waste land to the west of the Valley.

Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Juniour in the South bank bottom tear against middlesborough (the match when the top tier hadnt opened) they were friends with Mark hone who had got them tickets to see ravenelli, they left disapointed finding out that ravanelli was signed the following season after there promotion

Please tell me you believe this.

Had the pleasure of sitting a row in front of Matthew Upson a few seasons ago, Kightly was sat next to him interigating him for 90mins on the price of his bentley,watch and wages!!

Needless to say, Kightly was released the next week...

Terry Wogan and, of course, 'Diddy' David Hamilton - Fulham away

Joe Cole - Southampton at home in the League Cup

obviously Alison Moyet as attributed above

Kenny Thomas - 80's "soul sensation" at a game that escapes me

Kevin Davies - Wrexham final of the LDV

Steve Collins - Carlisle at home (I think his brother was their manager, and Steve may have lived in Southend at the time)

I remember going to the game where Martin Jol came after he'd been sacked from Spurs. Anyone know why he was there? Maybe he wanted to see some real football.

I saw Sir Alex Ferguson at Roots Hall a few seasons ago. He wasn't looking all that happy...

Des Lynam at Brighton on New Years Day a few years back .. no real shock as old Des is a huge B&HA fan, accepted his "Delilah" song from a large group of Shrimpers in good style with a smile and a wave

Doubt he was smiling at full time as Martin Carruthers and David Lee gave us our second easy 2-0 win of the season against the would-be champions

Sir Chris Powell and Phil Gridelet outside the Millenium v Wrexham, and of course Sir Alex in the Stands, and also Shane Ritchie, Leon Cort and Titus Bramble at the final against Blackpool

Not quite at the match but I have also included spotten on travels to games etc

* Gordan Cowans at Sheffield station
* Brian Roy coming back from Grimsby (me not him)
* Denis Penis coming back from Doncaster away
* Dave from Fresh Meat coming back from Cheltenham this season....

All major celebs I am sure you will agree.

Brian Johnson and his wife on Wolverhampton Station on the way to Wrexham in the mid 80's.

Michael Foot on the Northern Line Platform of Embankment Station (in the middle of a game of spot the ringer) with the Supporters Club Quiz Team in the early 80's. (Zero Points)

An injured Brian Little at Rotherham in the mid 70's when his brother was playing for us, got him to sign my match programme!

Gordon Strachan (with fit wife) at a reserve game v Oxford, one son playing for each team!

Don't know if this counts, but earlier this season v Gillingham none other than Kevin Maher was sitting one or two rows behind me in the West Stand.

Andrew Prichard the guy who did a lot of the illegal raves in the late 80's and also involved in such other dodgy deals and now an author was often seen in the East stand would had a chat with him a few times as he knew a few people I knew. Never knew who he was until recently when I saw a documentary on essex gangsters and he was on it and I realized it was the guy I used to talk to in the East stand.

Back