• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fancy Dress - Please help

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have been invited to a fancy dress party in September, with the theme 'Pop/Rock Stars'.

So, does anyone here have any inspired suggestions? Either something as a couple or for me individually. Im guessing things such as Beatles (Mop Top / Sgt Pepper era), Rod Stewart, Elton John, Elvis, Michael Jackson are likely to be taken by other guests. Keith from Prodigy / Firestarter is one of my choices at moment, but not too keen on shaving the middle section of my hair off!!

Any good ideas will be appreciated and will bring green rep...

They've got loads of fancy dress costumes at Aladdins in Rayleigh that would be suitable - why not Britney and Madonna then you can share that kiss? Or, quite topical at the moment, Elton John and Kiki Dee - which they did on BB9 during the week?

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have been invited to a fancy dress party in September, with the theme 'Pop/Rock Stars'.

So, does anyone here have any inspired suggestions? Either something as a couple or for me individually. Im guessing things such as Beatles (Mop Top / Sgt Pepper era), Rod Stewart, Elton John, Elvis, Michael Jackson are likely to be taken by other guests. Keith from Prodigy / Firestarter is one of my choices at moment, but not too keen on shaving the middle section of my hair off!!

Any good ideas will be appreciated and will bring green rep...

Stab yourself with needles and get a trilby and claim to be Pete Docherty

and the other half can be Amy Winehouse obviously!

The Amy Whinehouse / Pete Doherty one was an early idea and one I liked a lot but rumour is there may be another Winehouse already going :'(

The Amy Whinehouse / Pete Doherty one was an early idea and one I liked a lot but rumour is there may be another Winehouse already going :'(

Is she thin, can she be Kate Moss? Didn't they use to be a "pair"?

How about going as either Shaun Ryder or Shane MacGowan ?
All you have to do is turn up p*ssed and off your noggin on a cocktail of mindbending drugs, then start swearing at everyone.

Sounds like a good night.

how about someone like Dave Grohl, it will only need a goatee beard and you can wear whatever you like, that's my kind of fancy dress!

Turning up with a goatee beard and general attire may just make me look like a pervert / weirdo who has wandered in off the street......

There's always old favourites like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton as well. Depends how jokey you want to be.

There's always old favourites like Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton as well. Depends how jokey you want to be.

Bizarely, that was suggested by me last weekend, almost jokingly.....which the Mrs is quite taken by and is her number one choice. Its ok for her as Dolly Parton is quite 'iconic'......I on the other hand will be left facing questions as to why I turned up as a bearded cowboy :)

Bizarely, that was suggested by me last weekend, almost jokingly.....which the Mrs is quite taken by and is her number one choice. Its ok for her as Dolly Parton is quite 'iconic'......I on the other hand will be left facing questions as to why I turned up as a bearded cowboy :)

There you go then, from the lady's perspective, she gets to glam it up big time and really enjoy all the male attention, while you can lounge around in a checked shirt without too much effort!

Peters & Lee ?
Lol well you could go as Kenny as a cowboy, thought theres alwasy the possibilty of looking like Willie Nelson . From what i recall Old rogers tends to where suits mainly (youd look like a smart Father christmas :D)
How about Johnny Cash and Dolly :D

Peters & Lee ?
Lol well you could go as Kenny as a cowboy, thought theres alwasy the possibilty of looking like Willie Nelson . From what i recall Old rogers tends to where suits mainly (youd look like a smart Father christmas :D)
How about Johnny Cash and Dolly :D

There was a second hand shop in Leigh on Sea called......

Peter's of Leigh.

How about Ziggy Stardust or Ozzy Osbourne. The mrs could go as Tina Turner or Suzi Quatro. If you can get another couple then Abba could be an idea.

Back