• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans Around the World

Colorado Springs, Denver
His name was Jason & he resides there with links to Boston & Notre Dame.
Might be a soccer fan now of the US league!?

I am Southend born and bred. Spent 4 years working at stadium in early 90's. Now living in Crete and follow the team via BBC streamin and the Spread chat room on here. Only made it to one game this year, the home draw with Swansea. Will spend tomorrow night trawling the tourist areas trying to find a bar showin the Doncaster game. Wish me luck!

I am Southend born and bred. Spent 4 years working at stadium in early 90's. Now living in Crete and follow the team via BBC streamin and the Spread chat room on here. Only made it to one game this year, the home draw with Swansea. Will spend tomorrow night trawling the tourist areas trying to find a bar showin the Doncaster game. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the board mate - and good luck with that tomorrow!

Hector of the House is, I believe, Belgian.
thumbup6ly.gif

First time posting here so, as they say, please be gentle. I could have been the guy in Tokyo - I was with Jerome Boere when he uttered the infamous 'sad bast*rds' quote. However, I'm now living in Phoenix, Arizona; so another USA based Shrimpers fan.

An exiled shrimper in Australia (Perth Shrimper I believe), and with the help of the Trust & SZ arranged for an SUFC Pennant to travel around the world and get photographed with several exiles.

There was an interactive map, updates & pictures of the exiles with the pennant on our old website.

This caused quite a lot of interest, not only on here, but with the local media etc.

Over the next few weeks I will see if I can recover the original webpages & re-post on the current Trust site.

Maybe this is something that can be done again?

First time posting here so, as they say, please be gentle. I could have been the guy in Tokyo - I was with Jerome Boere when he uttered the infamous 'sad bast*rds' quote. However, I'm now living in Phoenix, Arizona; so another USA based Shrimpers fan.

And another welcome - so why so long before the 1st post then?

And another welcome - so why so long before the 1st post then?

It's taken me this long to build up the courage - and, given the harsh proff reading on Shrimperzone - practice my English/grammar as I had the fortune to attend Fairfax High.

I've attended a several games over recent years but sadly I can't remember the last time I saw us win (could be the mists of time, or it could be the beer). I'm currently back in town and I was at the game on Saturday so I've made a decision to stay away tomorrow, just in case. Not superstitious, knock wood.

My wife is Italian and half her family (big Italian family:)) have either shirts , scarves , hats etc..

Her brother and father will definately be watching the game tomorrow.
Every time I go over there the conversation is still about the night we beat Manure. They really couldn't believe what they were watching!

It's taken me this long to build up the courage - and, given the harsh proff reading on Shrimperzone - practice my English/grammar as I had the fortune to attend Fairfax High.

I've attended a several games over recent years but sadly I can't remember the last time I saw us win (could be the mists of time, or it could be the beer). I'm currently back in town and I was at the game on Saturday so I've made a decision to stay away tomorrow, just in case. Not superstitious, knock wood.

Welcome mate. I've been to Phoenix as well...

Fairfax High no longer exists mate, it was Prittlewell School for a bit, but not sure if it hasn't gone through another re-invention! Don't worry too much about your grammar and that, if you've got something to say then go right ahead and say it - within reason of course!

Not sure if this has been covered but over the weekend (Telegraph I think) I read a piece about Leeds and their game against Gillingham, who weren't mentioned much, and the attempt Leeds are making to find a fan in every country in the world. Naturally it got me thinking about Blues' fans over the world.

Well obviously England, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Canada are covered.......so as Delia would say "Les be 'aving you!"

Apologies if this has been done before.

Cyprus - Mick Dalgarno, ex local referee. Is it Frankie Banks also there ?

Back