• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Name or Not?

• The Blue Voice

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • The North Bank Army

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • The 1906 Army

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other (Please suggest)

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
7. The concept and the name is known to most, to change the name would mean having to start from scratch again to establish the brand, think how long it took Norwich Union to re-establish themselves as Aviva, still confuse them with the local bus company. :smiles:

We could just hire Paul Whitehouse to shout "North Bank Arrrrrmy" in West Country tones.

Personally I much prefer The Blue Voice, it has a professional sound to it and the name alone puts it higher on my list than "The something Army" or "Ultras". It has a classy ring to it and I hope it stays!

Smiffy,

For those of us that take an interest in the excellent work that you have been doing with The Blue Voice, I think it is only right that you continue your efforts under this banner. It may have taken a while to spread the word but the impact will help as it coincides with the move to The North Bank. It is clear from reading this site that The Blue Voice are taking over the North Bank and that you go there to sing up for the Blues.

Changing name would lost the great lengths you have gone to, to get to where you are now. let's not be modest about this... you have done a great job. Bear in mind we are a club that even with all our difficulties you have given us something to cheer about and be optimistic for. I have vivid images in my mind of the balloons, banners, flags etc that have been used to create an atmosphere and I 100% link this to The Blue Voice.

Absolutely no need for a name change in my opinion. I will voice my support and say that what you are doing is fantastic and you can't look beyond the communication avenues with the club that are being opened up too. Don't doubt it mate, it's brilliant and I am sure you have many on here who will support you. If you need moral support or any input give me a shout and I will do my best.

Good luck mate and keep up the good work.

Agree 100%, have some green, mate!

Just to add, as I'm sure Smiffy would, there are others who are/have been involved who also deserve our thanks. :Worthy:

Said my bit elsewhere, TBV is all encompassing whereas North Bank Army (NBA? How American is that?!) is not. The rest of the ground frequently take issue to the "We'll sing on our own" thing, well, NBA would be even more divisive. Like I said, by all means have it as a part of TBV but not instead of.

Why not Blues Army? The term 'army' doesn't have to be aggressive- I've never seen the Sally Ann in a punch-up yet.
It is all inclusive, doesn't rely on any ground features, and if people want to, they can be Blues Army East squad or whatever. The home stand can then be called 'The Headquarters'. Just my two penn'orth.

as i said on a previous thread for purpose of credibility surely changing the name of any fan group is a no no, the blue voice is brilliant and firmly established, looking at the poll voting suggests many think the same, keep up the good work TBV

There is no need for name change, just greater support... maybe not all relied upon Smiffy to organise.

as i said on a previous thread for purpose of credibility surely changing the name of any fan group is a no no, the blue voice is brilliant and firmly established, looking at the poll voting suggests many think the same, keep up the good work TBV

agree with that- leave alone

Smithy, I think its great that you are asking, as it shows that you are still looking to improve things

I see the name has already changed to North Bank Army :stunned:

Indeed, on the the other sub section of the site. I have made a post. Not sure what is happening but there is definitely a mixed message going on!

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Appreciated.

I would like to see over 100 votes cast, before a decision is to be made. It seems pretty evident where this is headed already, but would like to see a larger concensus.

Back