• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantastic news re: Barnsley!!!

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
If you think we've got problems with Freddy's injury - it's as nothing compared to Barnsley.

Not only had they already lost the impressive Bobby Hassell to suspension and on loan Man Ure full back Adam Eckersley to injury, but now influential midfielder Brian Howard and club captain Paul Reid are out too!!

Barnsley Official Site

They could yet lose Martin Devaney and Antony Kay too according to various internet reports....

:finger: :D

Reminds me of the last game at this level under Whelan when Huddersfield (I think) brought their youth team because of an injury crisis and beat us very convincingly.

Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself...

Fantastic news! This should bring a bit of belief into the team so hopefully the Hull and Col U teams won't make an appearance.

:D

If you think we've got problems with Freddy's injury - it's as nothing compared to Barnsley.

Not only had they already lost the impressive Bobby Hassell to suspension and on loan Man Ure full back Adam Eckersley to injury, but now influential midfielder Brian Howard and club captain Paul Reid are out too!!

Barnsley Official Site

They could yet lose Martin Devaney and Antony Kay too according to various internet reports....

:finger: :D
Good stuff this - to show how important these players are to them the 3 players in contention for their Player of the Year award are Hassell , Howard and Devaney - in that order i believe .

Will make the pitch somewhat crowded if they do mate. :(

LOL.

Before we all get too excited about it being Barnsley reserves, are we sure they aren't playing tricks on us?

Even if they are out, it makes it harder for Tilly and Brush to plan for the game.

LOL.

Before we all get too excited about it being Barnsley reserves, are we sure they aren't playing tricks on us?

Even if they are out, it makes it harder for Tilly and Brush to plan for the game.

I'm with you Yorkshire on this one. Wonder what the chances of some of these "injured" players making an appearance tomorrow are. Could be kidology going on here. Keeping an open mind on any benefits to us.

as long as we prepare properly then this will be nothing but a huge benefit to us. hopefully freddy will be fit though because i reckon they will be thinking the same about us at the moment

I also wondered whether they were up to tricks at Barnsley, they're clearly not all above board after their last visit to Roots Hall.

Back