• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite ever Steward

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
We've had some ****ing stupid questions recently

the one at the east corner of south who checks everyones tickets before they go upstairs

It comes down to Bungle, Catweazel or Jockey. I lean towards Bungle as he didn't just have one song about him he had a whole album. Only the ladies from the burger bar could compete with him for showbusiness razzamatazz on his day. Wonder where he is now?

has to be the man who checks your ticket to go up south upper (east corner)

fantastic service everyweek

Yep agree with the South East corner fella for me too. Real nice chap.

Jockey WIlson-He loved in when we chanted 'one Jockey Wilson' at him.
There was also the steward he had 'you dirty child molster' chanted at him. Must of been very opsetting for him if he was just some normal guy disgusted at child molesters like the rest of us.

Yep agree with the South East corner fella for me too. Real nice chap.
But why does he keep checking tickets weeka fter week? I don't sit in the south very often, but even so I see the same old faces being checked week after week

Bungle was top man in the north bank days , i used to stand right behind the goal in them days right next to the gate he managed so gracefully , he never seemed t mind us scalling the gates whenever we scored and generally diving all over him .

Bungle for chairman was legendary and i'll never forget when he went beserk at a Ref for awarding a very dubious penalty against old Sammy , he nearly ran on the pitch to have a pop at the ref , quality times .

I show the guy in the South-east corner , Peter, my season card every 1st game of the season and he knows I have a ticket the rest of the season.

I am sure I saw Bungle the other day.

My "favourite" doesn't have a name. A nasty piece of work from the early 90s West Stand who thought being a steward was a power trip. Seem to remember he made a right arse of himself at a Southend Manor friendly once.

I recall once he went to my dad's place of work on a job interview.... suffice to say he never got the job.

Mine's a steward at Watford called Wolfie.
He's got long hair & a huge beard and every time he walks behind the goal the whole stand howl like a 1950s B-movie!!!

Bungle gets my vote all day. Those days and games were a bit hazey after a couple of carlings in the spread but I think I remember when a certain member of a well known Wickford family asked him his name, his reply was Mark, to which our young chum from wickford replied,"what skid mark?"

Bungle was great as was Jockey Wilson, but do you remember the skinhead who used to sell raffle tickets - an interesting sales technique based around intimidation!

One of the stewards in front of the North Paddock (nice fella) is now consigned to the prospects car park and I remember at the end of one game he stood in front of us, arms outstretched saying "don't go on the pitch" and we did laps around him and he did nothing to stop us except say "don't go on the pitch". To quote Tilly "like I say" he's a nice fella and has been working as a steward for as long as I can remember.

Back