• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Favourite memories of the Zone.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
This isn't a difficult read thread, it's an opportunity for some of you to relate your favourite memories of ShrimperZone posts and it's past and present members.

Because I've kicked this off I'm going to claim first poster's rights by re-posting The adventures of Chocolate Orange, perfectly crafted by @South Bank Hank before he became respectable. A lot of you will remember the adventures of our hero but we have also had an influx of newbies for whom this will be a first showing. As there are 25 in the series I'll post five a week. New or old, enjoy and get your old memories dusted off and share them on here.

In the beginning..............

Part 1.jpg

Shhssssss dont mention the Koi Carp.....:Fishing:

A Zone/SCP mug for anybody that finds that thread :Smile2:

Last edited:
We transfered all threads, but for the life of me I can't find it..

Threads 84,728 Messages1,965,416. Who knows where the fish are?

Last edited:
These forums as long as I am alive will always keep the history from 2002 until I fade away...not just for us, but as a record for future SUFC fans to look back on....Hence why we got ourselves a dedicated server.

Our old search engine things are fantastic.

Last edited:
Without the Zone, there wouldn't have been this. May have been dreadful myself but proud to have been a part of it.

Eggheads.jpg

can't find the actual photo that was used, but...

gallery_media_jeremy_paxman_newsnight.jpg

also Barna saying that Barry Corr was the worst Southend striker he'd ever seen, plus #Barnabluegetsitwrongagain

(where is @EastStandBlue ?)

The Dawn to Dusk football match.....don't remember too much about it, but do remember making umpteen desserts for the end of the marathon!

The Dawn to Dusk football match.....don't remember too much about it, but do remember making umpteen desserts for the end of the marathon!
Playing against Ricky Holmes was very surreal.

Was a great day and raised an absolutely ton of money (the sunburn was worth it)

Playing against Ricky Holmes was very surreal.

Was a great day and raised an absolutely ton of money (the sunburn was worth it)
And why I can never be too upset when the guy does well against us.

Don't remember that. When did that happen?

Back around 2008/9, it was organised by the SZFC guys. I'm afraid I don't remember why they were fund raising but it was for a little girl, who was either one of their own daughters or a niece or something. @Pubey might remember more information, as he said, he played.

Shhssssss dont mention the Koi Carp.....:Fishing:

A Zone/SCP mug for anybody that finds that thread :Smile2:

That's not even my favourite South Bank Hank thread - my favourite is the reserve game he live reported from and somehow missed a goal and got the result wrong.

Back