• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Went to wembly saturday night to watch these boys and in the boozer beforehand we was chatting about our fav tune , out of ten of us pals we each had a different favourite track .

Now i'm guessing thats the sign of a decent band if so many of your songs are good enough to be a favourite , for instance at Blur the previous week there was only 2 or 3 songs being thrown into the equation .

For the record my fav is Cast no shadow , followed by Masterplan and then aquicence . Also for the record I though Kasabian smashed it that night and ' Fire ' was immense ....defo tune of the night .

Thouts chaps ??

Varies depending on how recently Ive heard songs... at the moment, probably would go for Slide Away.

More controversial choice, but have been listening to 'Mucky Fingers' a bit lately as its on my Ipod running playlist .....

Columbia (with honourable mentions to Stand By Me, The Importance of Being Idle and the instrumental tune that's a b-side of Wonderwall (I think) that features in 2 places on WTSMG? and they used to come on stage to).

Did a similar thing with Blur the other day & felt it was a good 8 or 9 top tunes, not just the couple you mentioned kept cropping up!

EDIT - Just seen peoples love of Slide Away, they used to have an awesome projection for live shows for this track as they did for Live Forever with various famous quotes all morphing in to end up with john Lennon's face - it's an extra on the Oasis DVD circa 2000 (their last show at the old Wembley).

Good thread, when you think about it they have nailed more classics than MJ (but not as many kids.)

I'd probably go for Stop Crying Your Heart Out or Supersonic, depending on my mood.

Another one here for Supersonic. Not many tunes sound better at ear-blistering volume, and the idea that you need a G&T when you're feeling Supersonic has always appealed.

Morning Glory - Great rock n roll song, makes you want to be in a band.
Off the new album 'The Turning' comes close.

Hard to pick between Don´t Look Back in Anger or Slide Away, but then is there a bad Oasis song? Although I´m not a fan of the latest album. Champagne Supernova is amazing live. Saw them in Edinburgh a few weeks ago it was awesome. They played for almost 2 hours and the Enemy were good support too. And I met Liam Gallagher in a pub the night before! Great band.

Slide Away for me. Mind you, I was there last night and I was genuinely shocked at how awful their new stuff is. If someone accused Noel of stealing every song he'd written before 1996, I'd belive it in an instant. Even Status Quo occasionally used three different chords.

Slide Away for me. Mind you, I was there last night and I was genuinely shocked at how awful their new stuff is. If someone accused Noel of stealing every song he'd written before 1996, I'd belive it in an instant. Even Status Quo occasionally used three different chords.

If it was teh same set they played as Saturday night then tehy had an error , Kasabian smashed it up and got the crowd going only for Oasis to play the first 3 tunes of which were newbies .

Personally and what do i know as never sold out a concert in my life by I for one would of started with a banger to keep the crowd going .

But after that they couldn't be faulted ,,,,**** hot night !!

Went to see them on Thursday night at Wembley and was having a similar debate! Slide Away is my fav Oasis song and has been for a while.

Back