• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FC Halifax Town v Southend United, Tuesday 16th August, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • Shaun Hobson

• Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 82 86.3%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 81 85.3%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 75 78.9%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Jack Bridge

• Dan Mooney

Votes: 51 53.7%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 81.1%
  • Chris Wreh

• Jack Wood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oli Coker

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Henry Sandat

• Win

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the team should pick itself no?

Arnold
Crowhurst Hobbo Kensdale Lomas Ralph
Husin Miley
Fonguck
Powell Wreh

Subs; Colin, bridge, Mooney, wood, sandat

Other than clifford (dropped either for form or injury) I think the players deserve the to start again that started on saturday.

Maybe 2 games in 3 days is a bit much for Crowhurst (doubt it but just a thought) but after what I'm hearing definitely deserves the shirt.

Have high hopes for Mooney but if he is still struggling a bit with injury we dont need to risk him
That sub bench looks weird with a keeper and 4 attacking midfielders/forwards but I suppose it makes the most sense as if a centre-half got injured Bridge would come on and Ralph would move back to centre half so Tommy Davis would be a wasted spot. Not sure who our 5th choice RWB would be and let’s hope we never need to find out!

Maybe 2 games in 3 days is a bit much for Crowhurst (doubt it but just a thought) but after what I'm hearing definitely deserves the shirt.

Have high hopes for Mooney but if he is still struggling a bit with injury we dont need to risk him
He's 18, he's just debuted in the first team and received decent reviews. So how do you think he would react at 18 if you told him this was a game too far? I reckon foxtrot Oscar would feature strongly in his reply. Mind you, if Kev told him that he'd have to suck it up. Tough old world at times.

That sub bench looks weird with a keeper and 4 attacking midfielders/forwards but I suppose it makes the most sense as if a centre-half got injured Bridge would come on and Ralph would move back to centre half so Tommy Davis would be a wasted spot. Not sure who our 5th choice RWB would be and let’s hope we never need to find out!
We just dont have any defensive cover currently but yes exactly my thoughts with Bridge/Ralph

He's 18, he's just debuted in the first team and received decent reviews. So how do you think he would react at 18 if you told him this was a game too far
He will absolutely play but we have to remember the kid is young and this will be his second full game ln 3 days, I'm sure he will cope absolutely fine however.

They play at the Shay Stadium - not to be confused with the Shea Stadium which is somewhat grander. I made my first visit in 1973 just after we scored 5, two days running, against Port Vale and Chesterfield. We lost 2-1 at Halifax…..

Apparently the ground is built on the site of a former council rubbish tip - there’s a coincidence!
...and in a picturesque valley.
From memory, it's walking distance from two decent pubs: The Shears, although recent Tripadvisor reviews slated it and The Cross Keys with real ale in both.

Halifax have had a poor start and we need to be going there looking for 3 points.

Their pre-season was disastrous too, winning only once against Curzon Ashton. That is their only victory since their defeat in the playoffs at the end of last season. Whatever has happened there, they haven’t recovered from that playoff hangover.

Unfortunately for us, we’re universally recognised as the football club who are only too happy to oblige an opponent their first win in a long time, so you know what’s going to happen!

Halifax fan here, we were woeful in first game against Barnet(think they will do ok this season).

However against Torquay, I've never seen a more one sided game in my life. Their goal was from a long throw in that glanced off our defenders head straight into feet of their striker.

Aside from that, 26 shots, 65% possession 450 passes to their 167, etc etc.

Still on 0 points, so all the above is irrelevant.

We'll be ok this season. Our squad gets ransacked most seasons. We must have had close to ten transfer fees/compensation coming in over the past 2 seasons, and potentially another two players leaving before transfer window closes.

Some of our better performers(Warburton & Spence) from last
Season are injured, which is a bonus for you.

We do need to start picking up points I suppose, but I think we're going the slow burn this season. We usually start really well and level off due to small squad, budget etc. Might do it the opposite way like Stockport this season and come good at the right time 😉😂.

Plenty of car parking around. £5 in main club car park. Cheaper and free options not far away either. Piece Hall is great if you here early enough, and three pigeons is probably one of the most popular pubs in this league for football fans.

I live in the Bradford area and the weather may be a problem tomorrow so factor that in when you are travelling and getting to the ground etc

Why are we waiting so long for scans and scan results?

Seems abit off to be honest

Why are we waiting so long for scans and scan results?

Seems abit off to be honest
I have a feeling Wrexham have something to do with it- perhaps they’re holding off on scanning Hyde for example as they might’ve known something we didn’t…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back