• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC Thread - Season 22

Going to get this weeks game done today, so if anyone else finishes early I'm up for a friendly.

Angband Town v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: green

End of Over 5 (Maiden). Angband Town: 2-3, runrate=0.40 (1st Inn: 23-10)
Trail by 341 runs. (BATTY SHRIMPERS 366-4 dec)
Overs remaining today: 37
Job 3-2-1-2
Chandler* 0 (4 balls)
Horrigan 2 (17 balls)

Last Wicket: Mcandrew c. Islam b. Greene 0 (FOW: 2/3)

Mine would have been had I had more jubs to put in! Happy to stay in II next season so letting Knights take the win. but they have to bowl us out first. Put the 200 declaration in to speed things up and will let him get his day three receipts but the priority for us is BT20 now (never thought I'd say that!) and with three sold up teams to play in coming FC weeks and two away games after this one I was happy to let it slide.

End of Over 57 (3 runs). Legendary Knights: 262-3, runrate=4.60
Lead by 61 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 201-4 dec)
Udayakumar 18-0-67-1
Labrooy* 15 (14 balls)
Wray 3 (23 balls)
Last Wicket: Knight lbw b. Byrne 103 (FOW: 244/3)

With four batsmen to come after I wonder if I could have forced a draw by not declaring? Ah well.

Incidentally, my cup match on Sunday saw a new gate record which justified my last increase:

Attendance: 96852
Standing: 44204
Uncovered Seats: 38859
Covered Seats: 9789
Members area: 4000

Lovely!

should be over today

End of Over 26 (1 run). SEASHELLS: 54-3, runrate=2.08 (1st Inn: 39-10)
Trail by 310 runs. (Napster's XI 403-5)
Overs left today: 43
Lamacq 1-0-1-1
Nortje* 11 (19 balls)
Needell 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Bryson c. Perry b. Lamacq 8 (FOW: 54/3)

Knights may have made a faux pas here, getting two lesser bowlers to bowl all day. We have most of our batting still to come so could yet force a draw having rested all 5 bowlers!

End of Over 46 (1 run). ShrimperZone CC: 249-2, runrate=5.41 (1st Inn: 201-4)
Lead by 4 runs. (Legendary Knights 446-7)
Overs left today: 26
Wilkins 23-0-107-1
Cunningham* 116 (105 balls)
Alvardo 118 (148 balls)

Last Wicket: Marples st. Knight b. Wilkins 0 (FOW: 36/2)

Unferkinbelievable Jeff !!!!!

And that's the end of the match. ShrimperZone Vets CC won by 2 runs.

End of Over 40 (Maiden). The Bog Trotters: 91-10, runrate=2.28 (1st Inn: 198-10)
Trail by 2 runs. (ShrimperZone Vets CC 171-10 & 120-10)
Overs left today: 63
Donaldson 10-3-16-4
Santhosh* 7 (24 balls)

The Bog Trotters ShrimperZone Vets CC
Top Order: exquisite exceptional
Middle Order: wonderful exquisite
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: wonderful elite
Spin Bowling: exquisite masterful
Fielding: respectable feeble

5th wicket stand of 32 and then even at 90 for 6 I assumed game over - how wrong I was. I'm pretty sure that's also my first ever elite in FC.

Keeps me second but I lost ground on top. 24 points behind with them next up and I still think they have PFL issues which might cost them over the season. (have to beat them first obviously)

I was going to post about how a win today would give me a realistic chance of reeling in top spot. Then I logged into BT to find I'm 11-3 - jeezorama I need miracles and we're only 20 minutes in

Make that 4 down ! ****

7th wicket partnership of 78 gets me to 154 all out. We'll see how far behind the curve that is when opps bat shortly. Pitch is cracked, expecting hard and fast tomorrow. Would love to tear through them just before the close

got them all out, but now my top 2 have gone

End of Over 5 (Maiden). Napster's XI: 4-2, runrate=0.80
Trail by 107 runs. (Dino's Losers 111-10)
Overs left today: 41
Badaruddin 3-3-0-1
Allan* 1 (11 balls)
Mcandrew 0 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Perry c. Mampe b. Badaruddin 1 (FOW: 4/2)

Immense bowling first innnings against a bot

End of Over 13 (Maiden). BWB: 3-8, runrate=0.23 (1st Inn: 1-10)
Trail by 364 runs. (Southend United 368-2)
Overs left today: 25
Lake 7-5-2-4
Rheams* 0 (3 balls)
Patterson 0 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Chiume b. Hulse 0 (FOW: 3/8)

Appalling from us today against a sold up team. One player earning £16k who scored a big ton, not one other batsman earning over £2k and we struggled to bowl them out (albeit with a mostly reserve bowling line up). Awful. Crap receipts as well.

End of Over 12 (3 runs). ShrimperZone CC: 43-0, runrate=3.58
Trail by 198 runs. (Bowling Bowling Mushy 241-10)
Dhumal 6-0-19-0
Alvardo* 19 (29 balls)
Gilligan 23 (43 balls)

Schoolboy mistake by me. When adding the extra bat I forgot to change bowling orders so he bowled 4 overs conceding 32 runs. When I went to bed with about 18 overs left they were 50 behind, barely scoring runs and with next to no batting to come after next wicket falls. They're now not very far behind. On the plus side they've sold batsmen so if I can notch up a decent second Innings I have chances.

Back